West Coast Fallers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are the last of what's left of a "Lost art" ... and the 1st to ask

With all do respect to everyone else in the industry, regardless of region.

I'm in, what's left of a logging community LP, Verso, ex. Kimberly Clark ... Paper is volatile, and business is slow...

I just don't know if they use chainsaws here anymore.

"Its a start anyway...maybe if I stare at it long enough, it will cut Itself" ? View attachment 591358

do you like really want to be a faller or something? not sure how to go about it in the states but i hear it's more about who you know then what you know down there. you might have some luck finding someone in the forestry forum with work one day. your gonna have to get over the shiny saws though as they are only shiny for a day or 2 lol

do you like really want to be a faller or something? not sure how to go about it in the states but i hear it's more about who you know then what you know down there. you might have some luck finding someone in the forestry forum with work one day. your gonna have to get over the shiny saws though as they are only shiny for a day or 2 lol
A day or two always seems like a need a new one during the wet season it never fails.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You are the last of what's left of a "Lost art" ... and the 1st to ask

With all do respect to everyone else in the industry, regardless of region.

I'm in, what's left of a logging community LP, Verso, ex. Kimberly Clark ... Paper is volatile, and business is slow...

I just don't know if they use chainsaws here anymore.
Is that ment to say Cristy Clark, BC's Premier ?(Governor)
I hope not.
"Its a start anyway...maybe if I stare at it long enough, it will cut Itself" ? View attachment 591358
"The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down of the big lake they call "Gitche Gumee." Superior? And speaking of 'superior legends' That has got to be a Beautiful 262. Don't tease me with that saw. Is that yours?

Yes I have ... bought a Mcculloch at 9 yrs old. ;) "practiced since" ... cut the old man's firewood downstate, etc..

One yr. at Conrail ... 8yrs at Ford Mo. Co ... 3yrs as a Detroit Fire/Medic. corporate downsizing ... 7 yrs. at CN

Relocated here from Detroit. (Ironically had family "in the proverbial sense, at least" in the UP) & trained with a cousin, sawyer who became a Northwest Timber Faller.

Hadn't seen a "Husqvarna" since the 80's when dealers carried above & beyond every line.

Some were gifts. The others were bought, some sold, etc... Sorry for the resume

That's an 04 "394xp"20170218_170142.jpg

West Coast ... Coastal Loggers. "What are your projected thoughts on this" ?

husqvarna.com/endurance

I would have to run it for the tale to be told. I assume it will have the built in power and be very responsive. A muffler mod should give it 3/4 - 1 more PH. That alone will put it up as high as the 390 stock. It has a 48mm piston. The 272 started with a 52mm, they went to a 8/100th longer stroke. Looks like a tall cap so I'm thinking a longer cylinder?
This one has 11.5/100th longer stroke over the 372.
I'm thinking very high compression.
It needs to have the pull to keep the centripetal force working or the chain pulls out of the bar too much and chips jam the chain. (Square chisel can be a good cure)That's the problem with falling larger cedar. Loose slabs inside the tree will sit down on your chain just enough to offset the dynamics. Another thing is it can't be susceptible to plugging when doged in through the side cover.
Its faster that the 562 by a metre per second (m/s) with a 7 tooth 3.75 sprocket. 29.3 m/s at 133% max power speed. Max power speed was at 9900rpm.
To me I would think it to means 100% is Max speed power, 1/3 of 9900 Is 3,300
So 133% would = 13,200 but that isn't true because I did the math...You asked..lol.
I believe it would have to turn 15,996 rpm with a 7 tooth to reach 29.3 m/s (29,300mm/s) The 562 has a suggested max rpm setting of 14000 but isn't it auto tune? I don't understand? Anyway this saw is about 3%+ faster.

The 3/8, 7 tooth has a 35 mm dia and a 109.9 mm circumference = 1 revolution.
I believe the 572 revoles 266 times per sec
And 562 at 257. This is all on memory from ten days ago but i'm pretty sure it's perfect.

OH...I have to go...my OCD is 'calling me elsewhere

It's a 394
Yes totally, after he said 395 I looked a little closer. It's got the same cap as the 262 but I noticed it has the knock out for a switch to convert to an XPG. Other barely noticeable difference on my phone is the vertical spring that 394 have. The 262 has the two back horizontal av springs.

Back