What is, a "muscle saw"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try running this crank in your chainsaw,...LOL

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%20078.jpg

Pioneerguy600

That is a little smaller crank then the 2 stroke engines I work on.

So,

What would be the minimum cc to get in the club?

Them old Huskys at 99cc were Muscle saws in my book.

Try running this crank in your chainsaw,...LOL

Pioneerguy600

No ,that is a museum in Fort Nelson along the Alaska Highway, they have a slew of old equipment that was used to build that highway, I took picts of it all. In the 13,000. klms I drove I came across a lot of old machines. Funny thing is that I have operated and worked on ones like them, started at 9 years of age on TD 15`s.

Pioneerguy600

Do I spy the front end of an IHC truck (red) on the far right of that photo? Gotta love the Old Iron. A TD15 fits into that category too. My friend (who owns several Homelite "Muscle Saws" including 750's, 2000's and 2100's......there's the on-topic portion of my post....LOL) rebuilt the finals in his TD18A and fired it up without mufflers for me recently. Just two six inch long pipes stickin' out of the hood. Sounded beefy when he fired it up on gasoline, then became downright nasty once he switched over to diesel. Just shy of 700ci of Old Diesel Iron. Not in the same league as the engines you fellows were talking about earlier though...

Eccentric could you get a vid of that TD18 would be neat to hear and see.

Do I spy the front end of an IHC truck (red) on the far right of that photo? Gotta love the Old Iron. A TD15 fits into that category too. My friend (who owns several Homelite "Muscle Saws" including 750's, 2000's and 2100's......there's the on-topic portion of my post....LOL) rebuilt the finals in his TD18A and fired it up without mufflers for me recently. Just two six inch long pipes stickin' out of the hood. Sounded beefy when he fired it up on gasoline, then became downright nasty once he switched over to diesel. Just shy of 700ci of Old Diesel Iron. Not in the same league as the engines you fellows were talking about earlier though...

Sorry that one is a Mercury ,sitting next to an oldie;

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%20077.jpg

Pioneerguy600

Can't comment much on the old school stuff, but today's muscle saws IMO are the MS880 and the 3120xp.

Sorry that one is a Mercury ,sitting next to an oldie;

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%20077.jpg

Pioneerguy600

I've never seen a Mercury badged Ford truck like that before. Cool. I'm really digging the yellow IHC next to it. There's an IHC fire truck being restored about 2 miles from my house (looks like they just shot paint). Looks to be about the same year/model as that yellow rig. I'm not too savvy on the pre-1955 IHC trucks. I believe that's a KB-8, but I could be mistaken. I love the "Tripple Diamond" emblem on those rigs.

I'll bet a fellow could haul many "Muscle Saws" with those rigs. On Topic again!:D

The IHC looks to be close to McCulloch Yellow as well. The Mercury is close to some of the shades of red that Homelite used on their saws too!:cheers:

Back