What is the fascination all about?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what got me started on 2-stroke motors was the COX 049 model airplane my Dad got me fro Christmas one year. Nitro/caster oil.... What a smell!

I graduated to chainsaws when I was 16 and never looked back.

jerry-

I had a little Corvette with one of those in it you could run on a string. One time it started running backwards and when I let it down it broke the string and took off all over the place in reverse. It was fast too! Man I wish I had a movie of me chasing that thing down. I was maybe 10. Now I have over 80 chainsaws, 4 Toro two-stroke mowers, about a dozen trimmers, a bunch of blowers, a Sachs 6 hp wankel that runs on 50:1, and a 84 RX7.
I got the fascination bad!!!

Chainsaws do not have to be registered(yet).

They do not have to be insured to use(yet).

You do not have to have a special permit to carry them(yet).

If you can conceal them on you person, congratulations. Please keep location of concealment to yourself.

When idiots juggle or use them it reminds us of Darwin and his pesky ideas.

They are readily available in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors.

They can be useful and even help provide income and entertainment.

Having a tool that can move that down tree in your way on a logging road, or fill you stove and heat your house all year, or make beams and lumber to build things is great. I love having a full woodshed, I just like the look of it. Same thing if and when I mill up a log and make it into a usable beam. Great satisfaction to that. I am starting to have a real big problem hanging onto the saws that I bought for resale. I just posted on a new thread my newest find, a 090G in super shape with a 48 inch bar. I am getting rid of my 880 so I can justify keeping this one when I need a huge killer saw. Going to have to start a slabbing business so I can keep the thing.

IM not exactly sure why i love saws so darn much. Number one i need them. Number two is when i was 13 and barely even knew what a chainsaw was my grandpa took me out to the woods to help stack. I watched him turn a massive log into little pieces. From then on i was interested. Had my own saw by the time i was 15. Started cutting with him instaed of stacking. That was now my cousins job ha ha. Maybe its got something to do with helping me to remeber him. Maybe not. I love to modify anything. So the sound of a modded saw gets my blood pumping. Nothing like it.

Could be the art, the skill, the excerise...for me--cheap therapy.

It is just more than saws for me. I love using saws, fixing them, and spending time in the woods. All those things give me a break from the everyday strains of life. Nothing better than spending an evening in the garage when the wifey is naggin, or spending a day in the woods 'relaxing' after a tough week at work. I don't think I would like them so much if I had to work with them everyday, or repair them everyday.

I love cars too, but really got burned out on them when I had to work on them 8-12 hours a day, then to come home and have to work on your own stuff wasn't fun for me. The saw thing has allowed me to step back into the car world and not get burned out from it. Hope to have a couple of my car projects done this year.

Good workout for the body...

Have alot of dead trees around here anymore,,I hate it,,alot of the old oaks dieing out..I hate cutting em down,,but make room for the new growth,,and rather not let the logs just rot away...It is dangerous,,noisey,,but relaxes me...Just enjoy being outdoors,,and with buyin saws,,,Yeah,,,I'm hooked....LOL!!!

It is just more than saws for me. I love using saws, fixing them, and spending time in the woods. All those things give me a break from the everyday strains of life. Nothing better than spending an evening in the garage when the wifey is naggin, or spending a day in the woods 'relaxing' after a tough week at work. I don't think I would like them so much if I had to work with them everyday, or repair them everyday.

I love cars too, but really got burned out on them when I had to work on them 8-12 hours a day, then to come home and have to work on your own stuff wasn't fun for me. The saw thing has allowed me to step back into the car world and not get burned out from it. Hope to have a couple of my car projects done this year.

what cars are you building?

sorry guys dont mean to derail the thread just had to ask

what cars are you building?

sorry guys dont mean to derail the thread just had to ask

My 66 mustang that has been torn apart for a few years. EFI 331 stroker/6 speed combo. It had a 5 speed from a 95 cobra in it, but hoping to go with the 6 speed if money permits.

Building a new motor for my drop top 86 GT, with the Vortech blower.

And putting the car in my avatar back together so it can be sold. (89 notch)

My 66 mustang that has been torn apart for a few years. EFI 331 stroker/6 speed combo. It had a 5 speed from a 95 cobra in it, but hoping to go with the 6 speed if money permits.

Building a new motor for my drop top 86 GT, with the Vortech blower.

And putting the car in my avatar back together so it can be sold. (89 notch)

very very nice. my 91 coup with 331 stroker and 300 hit of laughing gas was stolen last year. so im building andother. 86 with 87 and up body parts and interior. 351 stroke 410 with a little more laughing gas ha ha.

Latest posts

Back