What Size Sthil Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Canada that will only buy you one saw,just ask Bubbles how much they cost up here!

Well you could get 2 saws for the price, but about the best you're going to do is to get a pair of 290's for that. For pro saws, you could get one medium size one, or 1.5 small ones for that. ( A 260 is ~$600 Cdn, a 361 is ~$800 Cdn, the 290's are ~$500 Cdn)

Better Yet

You could go onto Northern from the comfort of your computer, order 10 rebuilt WildThings for that price, and use one at a time. When you need a new chain, just cannibilize one from the next in line.

Or better yet, go to Ebay, and order 10 closeout saws from the Sears return center, then store them, but don't forget to drain the gas first, and use them as needed or as they burn out.

But to be honest, my father really likes my 260, and with aggressive chain, it does really well up in the Vermont Hardwoods (We eradicate a lot of Beech with the virus). Good Luck...

Jason

I think I am going to have a beer or twelve, and reread this and see if it makes sense then!!!

stihl MS361 and a husky 350 sounds good to me (353 would be just a bit too high for his budget)

Not going to argue that, but the price factor...................

IIRC the deal was, Dude wanted two identical saws. One for him, one for his dad, with an $ 800 - 900 budget.

I'd think he should be able to find a dealer with a couple 353s or MS 260 Pros or PS 5100s & a couple spare chains for $900 OTD (out the door price) Especially getting into weed-whacking & mowing season.

Latest posts

Back