what stihl chain would

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

440rev

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
work better on a ms260 for limbing? seems like the Full Chisel jumps around more, would the micro be better for this? 33RM2-60 micro or 33RSC3-60 chisel
3/8 16"

Thanks
Randy

Last edited:
I have both .325 and 3/8 set-ups for mine. When limbing I like the .325 better, as it seems smoother. Don't really know why - perhaps the cutters are closer together? The 3/8 just seems a little aggressive when cutting the smaller stuff. I only run 3/8 because you can't get square filed full chisel in .325 - that's the 'play' set up for that saw... :greenchainsaw:

Anyway, I don't know about going to the micro stuff. I think you loose a little durability with the smaller cutters. I'd try the .325 first. Bet you'll be happy. The 260 earned a heck of a reputation wearing .325.

I have both .325 and 3/8 set-ups for mine. When limbing I like the .325 better, as it seems smoother. Don't really know why - perhaps the cutters are closer together? The 3/8 just seems a little aggressive when cutting the smaller stuff. I only run 3/8 because you can't get square filed full chisel in .325 - that's the 'play' set up for that saw... :greenchainsaw:

Anyway, I don't know about going to the micro stuff. I think you loose a little durability with the smaller cutters. I'd try the .325 first. Bet you'll be happy. The 260 earned a heck of a reputation wearing .325.

really???? are you kidding me? you have too many saws not to know the difference

Latest posts

Back