What's the "One Last.." Piece of Equipment you Needed Last?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a piece of equipment but about 50 acres of oak and hickory would sure be nice.

I just bought a John Deere Gator, so I finally got the whole bring wood to house problem streamlined.

Cut with the Shihl 021, Husky 55 Rancher, or Husky 372XP

Split with SuperSplit (built a hitch, tow it in the woods)

Haul with Gator.

Next up is a woodshed of some sort.

Now you need the bedside extensions so you can get a "full" load in it. Not really sure how I lived with the factory bed as long as I did with mine.

Everything.
I've only enjoyed home ownership for 3 years now, first time ever heating with wood a year ago. I haven't acquired much in the way of tools and equipment.
My biggest fallacy was thinking the MS460 would be the only saw I need. It IS all I need if I'm only going to cut slab for the rest of my life- but I'm not.
I really need a limber. 22.5lb with fluids is not hard at all to sit on the slab jig or buck with. 22.5lb is hard to swing around all day cutting twigs.

The thing I could use most is more time. I farm with my old man and he's always coming up with more things to do between the so called busy season as everyone refers to it as. It seems like its always busy to me between doing the field work after harvest, putting in drainage tile, fixing terraces, clearing fence rows, building and cleaning out ponds and doing other dirt work for hire I barley get enough time to cut and split the wood I need for the current season let alone next season. Someone needs to create a time machine so I can make more time. :) sorry for the rant...

Everything.
I've only enjoyed home ownership for 3 years now, first time ever heating with wood a year ago. I haven't acquired much in the way of tools and equipment.
My biggest fallacy was thinking the MS460 would be the only saw I need. It IS all I need if I'm only going to cut slab for the rest of my life- but I'm not.
I really need a limber. 22.5lb with fluids is not hard at all to sit on the slab jig or buck with. 22.5lb is hard to swing around all day cutting twigs.

Tons of little saws out there for cheap. I get them free, ten bucks, whatever. Typically they are just fuel system gunked up. Get a few, get them running, keep the one you like the best, sell the others. My fav of all my smaller saws is a poulan s25cva, that was a ten buck score. Dang thing rips! And the countervibe works well and they are lightweight. The rigid handle poulans are easy to work on as well, wild things, etc, but the vibrations can be annoying.

Back