What's your opinion?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

moody

Seems like 50 & 70cc get all of the attention. 60cc saws seem to have been the step child in the bunch until the 562. What's the best 60cc saw you've ever run that's not a 562xp? My favorite was the Stihl Ms 361. May not have been the fastest but feel goes a long ways in my book. Although the 036 felt small in comparison the weight wasn't too bad. It just felt like an all round good package. IMO the 60cc saw is a firewood hacks best option in a one saw plan. Friendly on the budget and the back.

You must have missed out on the MS361 love-fest on this forum back when it was in production...

1099.JPG Then again, my e85 burnin' Mac 7-10 doesn't weigh much more and runs like it is 6 cubes!

Seems like 60cc is where the chassis changes. Alot of the 60cc machines are lighter than their 70cc counterparts. The whole 'engine modification' business began with the 60cc engines. Guys were trying to get the larger 80cc+ engine performance out of a smaller lighter package.

I really like 60cc saws! Have no want for larger. Rather run a ported 50cc than anything! :D

The strongest 60cc I've run (I've run a bunch) was a ported 359 by Stumpy. Yes, by far the strongest!

The MS361 is a good one and I like them, but I like the 357xp better. The XP just feels better in my hands and seems a little faster in the cut.

Nothing is close to the 562xp, all being stock. It is the most impressive!

I have an MS260, 036, MS361 and an MS440, all ported. Both my 60 cc saws are my favorite, but the 50 cc is getting closer every time I work on it! My 036 is probably just a nose better than my Wickedworksaw MS361, sorry Terry! My latest one is just plain CRAZY fast!! Grunt power and top end both.

Stihl 036 Pro :) had 2 361's and the AV is much better, but power wasn't the same and the 361 sounds too "mechanical" IMO.
image.jpg

I bought the very first 036 that was sold at my dealer. Back when saws were just another tool and not toys it was my only saw. It's done a lot of work and is still the goto saw unless we are into something huge. I must admit though that my new 550 Husky is probably going to crowd it out. With today's 50CC saw performance, even stock, a person is pretty well served with a 50 and then going 70 plus as the next step.

Im gonna say the Husky 262xp as well . Although ...I have a very nice Husky 261 .......its no slouch either !

Back