Which NOS saw would you like to stumble across?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thought was a Super 2100 or a 650 or 750 Homelite, but the more I think about it, if I had to pick one saw and I could pick anything, I think it would be a BP-1. I currently own zero Macs, but this would be a great way to start!

Dan

Easy, I want a NOS 2100 thin ring and a NOS 181 thin ring. Maybe a NOS Contra in olive drab just to take up some shop space.

Would love to find a Homelite 650 or 750 in a box. One of my favorite saws.
Nice to find a XL925 also.

Besides the solo twin i listed earlier. I would love to have a Poulan 325 in mint or decent shape.

Yea, there was a new 925 on eBay a few years ago. I saved one of the pictures just for drooling. The date of the pic is July 2004. I don't remember what it went for, but it was more than I was willing to pay.

Dan

attachment.php

I will never walk away from a new-old-stock 262XP. And I wouldn't walk away from one of these red rockets either. ;)

630SUPERNEW.jpg

The 925 may be a possibility. The 650 and 750 is not likely but a 550 is assured.

Bill

I'll try to post up a pic of my friend's unfired NOS 750. He got three of them for $300.00 each about 8 years ago! Try buying any new 6.8ci saw for less than 3-4 times that! They were all showroom-fresh with perfect paint and tags. He watches me real closely when I head over to that end of the shop! He also was given an NIB unfired Montgomery Wards WD60 (with tag, manuals, etc) about a month after I bought my well worn WD60 for $10.00 at a yard sale...

The only reason he'd ever part with an NOS 750 would be if someone offered him an NOS 2100 in trade! :cheers:

Myself, I'd love to find a NOS XL925, 1050, 038, 041, 056, or just about any older NOS saw for that matter. I wouldn't be able to contain myself however, if I come upon any of the above mentioned saws I'll have to run 'em!!!

Last edited:
There was a NOS homelite 750 on ebay a few years ago. It had all the manuals but was missing a few parts, cover, pull cord. Seller claimed it had never been fired but dealer had taken some parts to repair some other saws. Sold for a whole lot more than I was willing to pay. They are out there, just getting them at the right price is the task. But like that $3100.00 Stihl 090 that just sold, if you want it bad enough, someone will pay.

I wouldn't be able to contain myself however, if I come upon any of the above mentioned saws I'll have to run 'em!!!

Yes, the temptation is great, but it is helpful as a collector to always be mindful that:

1) If you have a runner of a model, you will be able to keep from firing your NOS saw.

2) Used, well-worked saws are everywhere. Unless a model is very rare in any type of condition, any model in new condition is uncommon. Having an unfired classic saw is really enjoyable just to have, and retains (or even accrues) value over time.

3) Government restrictions loom ever greater over the 2-stroke cycle internal combustion engine.

4) The better models from the "performance" era represent a peak in design which factored power-to-weight over EPA reg's.

5) Two is one. One is none. And the third is your spare.

I'd like to find a NOS Disston DA211, a Remington Super 754, and maybe something with a rotary engine.

Bob

I found an old 041 farm boss with a 25 inch rollo es bar for 175. I may buy the damn thing, just to piss my wife off...:deadhorse:

Back