which one, stihl ms291 or echo cs590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yatzekcs

Reaction score
Hi there,
want to buy a truck load of logs to cut and split at the cottage. Purchased echo cs400 but haven't opened the box yet when I read some review saying that for that type of job a bigger saw is needed. So I thought I would get echo cs590 for $499 Cdn when while at homehardware I found stihl ms291 on sale for the same price. Which saw would be better to get for the job? I think echo comes with 20" bar and stihl with 18".

thanks
Jack

Hi there,
want to buy a truck load of logs to cut and split at the cottage. Purchased echo cs400 but haven't opened the box yet when I read some review saying that for that type of job a bigger saw is needed. So I thought I would get echo cs590 for $499 Cdn when while at homehardware I found stihl ms291 on sale for the same price. Which saw would be better to get for the job? I think echo comes with 20" bar and stihl with 18".

thanks
Jack
Wiser to go for the 590, you won’t regret it, I had three 501 p echo saws, but for cutting
a truck load in reasonable time the 590 is way better, better for larger logs full stop.

Ok, thank you all. Appreciate your advice. Will return cs400, get cs590 and forget about ms291 (tempted to buy it as it is on "sale"). For now I think I just need 1 saw.

Ok, thank you all. Appreciate your advice. Will return cs400, get cs590 and forget about ms291 (tempted to buy it as it is on "sale"). For now I think I just need 1 saw.
The Echo is the better saw, you will have it a long time, they are torquey which
keeps them chewing in the cut.

Latest posts

Back