Whites boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. I'm 6' and 270. I guess my wide feet are made for walking on the steep side hills around home. Is the wescos worth the $500 for a pair of custom?

I don't have enough experience to give you that answer. I will say that they are THE best pair of boots I've ever owned. I am easy to fit but I am also very big and put a lot of weight on my feet. I have only owned mine for three weeks so I expect them to only improve with total break in. The qualifier is that I only wear them two to three times a week. I make my real living in another type of footwear. I hope this helps.

I measured my feet finally this weekend. I guess it explains why I have such a hard time with normal on the shelf boots. I need a 10.5 EEEEE. My feet are wider than a EEE for a size 16. I guess I might need to have some boots made for me. I guess is it worth it for wesco over hoffmans? I like the lower heel of the hoffman smoke chaser in the 8".

Yes, wesco are much better than Hoffman. The $90 custom fit deal is a one time charge so your nest pair they will not charge you that extra. Call them and talk to their custom fit department and tell them what you want, heck , they might put a calkless springer sole on there, or have something else that would suit your needs better than the conventional logger's block heel. They've been easy for me to talk to about my troubles in the past, enough so that despite my troubles, I'll stick with them. They feel really good.

And, best to you! Hope you're well.

Gologit, and SlowP, since I can only expect the wittiest response, I only discussed my past BOOT troubles, for your information!

I will be wearing these probably 5 days a week or so. I'll call wesco tomorrow and talk to them. It's my off day tomorrow so i'll have time to run around and check out there saw shops tomorrow. I got a killer deal on a 390 fall before last out here. I think they'll be selling a lot of saws around here with the tornados that happened out here.

Last edited:
Yes, wesco are much better than Hoffman. The $90 custom fit deal is a one time charge so your nest pair they will not charge you that extra. Call them and talk to their custom fit department and tell them what you want, heck , they might put a calkless springer sole on there, or have something else that would suit your needs better than the conventional logger's block heel. They've been easy for me to talk to about my troubles in the past, enough so that despite my troubles, I'll stick with them. They feel really good.

And, best to you! Hope you're well.

Gologit, and SlowP, since I can only expect the wittiest response, I only discussed my past BOOT troubles, for your information!

:hmm3grin2orange: Any time, Joe.

I think that's going to be my best bet on getting something that will fit right and maybe wear a little better.

I measured my feet finally this weekend. I guess it explains why I have such a hard time with normal on the shelf boots. I need a 10.5 EEEEE. My feet are wider than a EEE for a size 16. I guess I might need to have some boots made for me. I guess is it worth it for wesco over hoffmans? I like the lower heel of the hoffman smoke chaser in the 8".

Fittting custom boots takes into account not just length and width but also volume. There is a 13 year old in my scout troop who wears a 16.5 EEEE but the real problem is his foot has massive volume! I can't believe how stretched out his boots or shoes get in a month.

Check out the websites for White's, Nick's Wesco, Drew's, Viberg and others. Good luck!

Around here Wescos have always been considered a cheap shoe and I don't mean in the inexpensive manner. The leather is no good. They leak two days before rain and stretch out of shape when wet. My last pair were Wesco and they are worse then ever. I don't know what I was thinking about buying them. I knew better.

This all goes back to 2dogs post about leather.
According to Kuliens you can't get good leather in the USA and haven't been able to get it in the USA for 40 years. Chrome tanned leather is not produced in the USA because of the pollution laws. I think he said he gets his from Eastern Europe, old Soviet block.
Any domestically produced leather is oil tanned.
I can't imagine how custom fit Wescos would be any advantage. They'll change shape after a few soakings.

I hear ya on the uber wide feet, when I went to get measured for my White's I thought my shoe size was 13 ee but it wound out being 11 F

...I can't imagine how custom fit Wescos would be any advantage. They'll change shape after a few soakings.

That's probably true. But for those of us who don't live in areas where the rainfall is measured in feet they seem to work out pretty well. :msp_biggrin:

For wet weather or snow I switch to Vikings.

I hear ya on the uber wide feet, when I went to get measured for my White's I thought my shoe size was 13 ee but it wound out being 11 F

As my dear mother did put it (looking at my feet): That's the foot of a swamp stomper!

Nokia and Sievi manufacture working boots for wide feet. But I guess they're not available in the U.S. market.

As my dear mother did put it (looking at my feet): That's the foot of a swamp stomper!

Nokia and Sievi manufacture working boots for wide feet. But I guess they're not available in the U.S. market.

yeah, I've never heard of Sievi and only Nokia in reference to cell phones

I don't work in wet conditions most of the time. Water and electricity don't mix well. I've worn boots from 10.5 to 13 depending on brand and what width they come in. If I get a 11 tennis shoe when it stretches out my feet are wider than the sole. I guess that's why all my shoes and boots get so stretched out.

I talked to viberg today. They recommended the bobcat and it is in stock in 4E. It is $360 plus shipping. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with them?

The ones they recommended have a spring sole and said they were comfortable on concrete. So far I think they are probably the best option for me.

The guy I cut with wears the Vibergs, and they last forever. Much better than white's, but horrible to break in.

I talked to viberg today. They recommended the bobcat and it is in stock in 4E. It is $360 plus shipping. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with them?

Yep, they're all I wear, except in the winter of course! Great boots, no issues with them for me at all. Usually when I'm breaking them in I'll cut an old felt insole in half and stick one under each tongue, cuts down on the boot bite at the start!

I sent in a custom fit to see if the 13.5 c on factory closeout would fit since the 13 d's stretched out and seemd too wide. Turns out i should wear a 12d.

Go for the vibergs, I've seen them and they look beautiful!

Latest posts

Back