Who has a dodge powerwagon?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll play...

'74

100-0008_IMG.jpg

nice truck there Nuzzy

im jealous...yours has paint, and is older LOL. the thing i find about old dodges is that the clutch side of the floor board and right next to the door frame are always the places to rust completly through first...my 79 has a good hole there LOL

Not a Power Wagon but at least it's a Dodge. Early '98 12v. Stuck in a hole on the first ranch. The pic is 2 years old.

IMG_0667.jpg

I also had an early '91 Dodge, the Cummins came apart at 63k miles, bad retainer on the aux drive. Sold it to a friend who put $4k in parts alone to fix it. Also had a WWII WC55 37mm Gun Motor Carriage (GMC).

Last edited:
79 Dodge

This is an interesting thread that brings back memories. I used to have a 79 Dodge "Sno Commander" Power Wagon. I bought it from a local golf course that used it for maintaince. It came with an amber revolving light on top for plowing. I picked up a few plowing jobs in the winter time.

The tv show Simon & Simon featured a nice red Power Wagon truck that "Rick" drove. I think that show inspired me to buy this truck. I had the truck through college and there was one moment that I'll never forget... I took a girl out on a date and when she got back to her apartment, her roomates asked her how her date went with me and she said....Well, he likes country music and drives a big red truck. Anyone think this was a compliment?:)

My Power Wagon

I have a power wagon (any guesses as the year and model?:monkey: )

attachment.php

That was a few years ago. This is what I'm putting into it.

attachment.php

It's a Cummins 4BT. (4 cylinder version of the 6BT that was in the 90's era Dodge pickup's.)

Behind that is a sm465 and a 305 transfer case. The original axles have been replaced with Dana 60's. Due to several job and house changes, it's been a very slow project.

Some of the early work is here: http://picasaweb.google.com/anthony.parent/1947DodgePowerWagon#

The other truck in some of these pictures is a 1946 Dodge civilian 1/2 ton. (Which will NOT be used in the woods thank you very much! :)

Here is one of him:

attachment.php

And the two boys together:

attachment.php

Last edited:
hey, none of your embedded pics work.....

heres mine 1942 WC53.

cummins 4bt, 4l80e automatic, np241
dana 60 front 14 bolt rear disc brakes 4.88 gears ARB airlockers 38" tires
air conditioning, power windows, brakes and steering
hydraulic winch...
moon roof
sound deadened....
you name it..... 10,000 man hours and counting

web.jpg

hey, none of your embedded pics work.....
So much for linking to the Picasa site... I've edited my original post. Hopefully it will work this time... Funny thing is, the original post worked for me last night, but not this morning... (And I'm supposed to be an electrical engineer that writes software all day! :bang:)

So much for linking to the Picasa site... I've edited my original post. Hopefully it will work this time... Funny thing is, the original post worked for me last night, but not this morning... (And I'm supposed to be an electrical engineer that writes software all day! :bang:)

ive got a bunch of 4bt/6bt junk if you need anything... mine runs and drives.... got tranny leak im trying to track down

I had a '64. It was an ex fire company truck. I then had a '75 W200. I eventually swapped a 440 in, 16" lift & 44" Swampers. My current isn't really a Power Wagon, but a Ramcharger. (Actually, it's my wifes!) It's got a small lift, 33" MT's, 360 auto.
IMG_0059.jpg

wife's grandfather has a '53 with PTO driven winch, thing is pretty much unstoppable - able to pull rocks that are 4-5 ft diameter out of the way and large logs no problem.

only complaint is lack of power steering- makes it hard maneuver - but thinking we may upgrade that to hydro sometime soon.

if you find one in good condition with PTO winch that works grab it up.

Those are awesome machines. You can get attachments to do just about anything with them. I guy down the road from me used to import/export them. A few guys in the neighborhood have them.

i got a few 70?'s pw

74 w200 werk truck (360 t18 divorced 203

76 w200 (built mut this one is)werk truck-383 bored .60 rv cam steel crank domed pistons bendix heads, t18, np205

78 w150 mudder 10'' lift 33 1250 360 727 np208

'76
3113997440_862dae612f.jpg

'78
3113999532_60bbc2456c.jpg

no pic of the 74 yet

I had a 1972 W-300 with a 9' bed and 12,000 # winch on the front, but sold it almost 30 years ago. It had a 318 with 4 speed and 16.5 tires that would last about 6,000 miles.

I sold this 1970 W-200 about 3 years ago. It had a 413 with 4 speed and was a tough old truck.

2189053420097493054S600x600Q85.jpg

I currently have a 1989 W-250 with a 360 and auto that I use for plowing and wood hauling.

64convertible005.jpg

Growing up, my favorite uncle had one. I think he got it new (mid 70s model with a V8) and he eventually gave it to his son when he bought a new 2500 gas Chevy king cab (I think 2004). the Power Wagon is still strong as ever as far as I know. Awesome truck.

I have an '77 short bed, 318, straight shift... 4 speed, granny gear start in 2.... and did anyone else have this...?? when you went from 3rd to 4th .. if you didn't do it just right ... and even then .... " GRRRRRRRT!!
it was my mom's .. she ordered it from the factory new... no ac, no radio ect...
another thing.. you had to keep a spare resistor block in the glove box... because the old one would just go.. and leave you sit...

I have a 53 flat fender POWERWAGON....I'm half done restoring it......A buddy of mine just sold 3 of them completely restored...

Latest posts

Back