Who likes big old Homelite muscle??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crane

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Took a trip over the weekend...................here's the result. Twenty minutes in a shop attic and came away with this lot. Will post pics as I get them cleaned.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:):)

Edit:
Sorry, the first pic is of the half cleaned 5-30. Will try to post more good outdoors pics if I get off work before dark tomorrow.

Last edited:
I don't mean to gloat here.......But I'm real pleased with the shape of the saws under all the dust. All had been kept up in the attic of an old shop, and the owner said they have been there 22years. The fuel tank is imaculate as well as the oil tank. Cylinder and piston are excellent. Tons of compression. Even the oiler works.

I don't mean to gloat here.......But I'm real pleased with the shape of the saws under all the dust. All had been kept up in the attic of an old shop, and the owner said they have been there 22years. The fuel tank is imaculate as well as the oil tank. Cylinder and piston are excellent. Tons of compression. Even the oiler works.

You scored big time and the condition of those old Homelites is worth gloating over....Those were some of the original one-man muscle saws....

Thanks Jacob. Here are some close ups of the 20MCS as I found it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wait till you see what I found under the dust!!

I like this one the best. "let's make a saw out of a solid piece of metal and then drill some holes in the bar to save a half ounce" lol

I'm so jealous right now of all those Homelites. What did it set you back if I can ask.

That is a excellent score. The 5-30, 26LCS and 20MCS are great saws. You have one of each now.

Bill

WOW looks like you made out this weekend. Your not giving a price so I'm sure they were pretty cheap. They look like they weren't used very much before they hibernated for 22 years.

quick question, anyone know the file size for 1/2" chain? Need to touch up the chain before I drop it in the wood for the video. Want it to be good and sharp.

Drew

Btw: might as well get the sizes for 7/16 and 9/16 too. Thanks.
I'll post some good pics tonight.

Latest posts

Back