Who ports saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The builder of my saw has been at it for longer than I've been alive. All I do is sharpen chains good...

i'm for the most part in the same ball park. i've owned a few saws ported by guys on here that were a joke but also a few that were pretty sweet. i currently have 2 by the same builder that really run and the only difference is i was the one who got them ported and told him they were gonna be long bar saws. to be honest, the strongest 660 i've ever ran was one i did myself and it was a total accident that it ended up running good lol i did remember what i did and do them all the same way now. i can port 4 660's in a day the way i do it and it brings them from turds to down right performers just like yours in the vid. i can get better gains from the old dual transfer stihls then any other saws. still prefer the smoothness of the huskies though. i got a heavily modified 660 done by someone else in route i'm gonna test. i've already ran one done similar but we'll see. if it beats mine i'll eat my words but i doubt it. only hint i'll give is the intake is epoxied. considering nearly every builder online copies one another it could be anyones saw but i know who's it really is. :D

Alright 056...I'll pop the $64 million dollar question to ya. Why don't ya let the cat outta the bag and just tell all us saw fools what we need to do, how to do it, to get our saws up to speed with yours? All of us just seem to keep slinging good money after bad, and you got the ticket and the answers everyone here is looking for. And we'll try keep sharp chains on the things too. Come on, help a bunch of going-broke-at-the-speed-of-light, saw brother fools out if' ya don't mind. ;)

i got a heavily modified 660 done by someone else in route i'm gonna test. i've already ran one done similar but we'll see. if it beats mine i'll eat my words but i doubt it. only hint i'll give is the intake is epoxied. considering nearly every builder online copies one another it could be anyones saw but i know who's it really is. :D

Epoxy in the intake of a 660 is that usual?... I didn't know it was necessary on the 660, I've only seen it on the 661.

Alright 056...I'll pop the $64 million dollar question to ya. Why don't ya let the cat outta the bag and just tell all us saw fools what we need to do, how to do it, to get our saws up to speed with yours? All of us just seem to keep slinging good money after bad, and you got the ticket and the answers everyone here is looking for. And we'll try keep sharp chains on the things too. Come on, help a bunch of going-broke-at-the-speed-of-light, saw brother fools out if'n ya don't mind. ;)

a builder who ports to cut the fastest cookie in a 20" log will never be the best saw builder.

you can be the best builder in the world, if you tune rich you've already impaired your saws enough to be one of the worst.

Epoxy in the intake of a 660 is that usual?... I didn't know it was necessary on the 660, I've only seen it on the 661.

i'm not sure. i know i've heard of it but can't remember if it was just the 661. regardless, this one has an epoxied intake.

Alright 056...I'll pop the $64 million dollar question to ya. Why don't ya let the cat outta the bag and just tell all us saw fools what we need to do, how to do it, to get our saws up to speed with yours? All of us just seem to keep slinging good money after bad, and you got the ticket and the answers everyone here is looking for. And we'll try keep sharp chains on the things too. Come on, help a bunch of going-broke-at-the-speed-of-light, saw brother fools out if'n ya don't mind. ;)

I've asked he won't tell:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back