Why are the old Stihl 028's not selling good anymore?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

They call this... EYE CANDY... One of the old non Electronic/AV models.
:love1:

Hedge..is the the one that Stumpy built?

Nope, that's a second one Stumpy found for me and just told me I needed it... :msp_wink:

This one's old trusty... Sitting in it's favorite pirch... Stumpy ported this one...

attachment.php

It makes me happy when I run it...
:big_smile:

From the looks of things on EBay I think most saws are selling a little lower than last year.

When did they switch from points to electronic iggys? A co-worker who is moving and offered to give me his 2 "older" Stihls - one is an 028 Super. After 10+ years of storage and a carb rebuild he can only get it to idle, and (without seeing it yet) I'm trying to get some ideas about what the problem could be.

When did they switch from points to electronic iggys? A co-worker who is moving and offered to give me his 2 "older" Stihls - one is an 028 Super. After 10+ years of storage and a carb rebuild he can only get it to idle, and (without seeing it yet) I'm trying to get some ideas about what the problem could be.

If you look at the top plate, it should have the word "Electronic" on it if it has the electronic ignition. Be it a super, wood boss or just 028 AV. If you guys don't want to mess with em', they always will have a home in my garage...:D

If you look at the top plate, it should have the word "Electronic" on it if it has the electronic ignition. Be it a super, wood boss or just 028 AV. If you guys don't want to mess with em', they always will have a home in my garage...:D

Many of them have been retrofitted with electronic ignitions. Any good dealer will have done it if it came in for any service on the old points ignition.

Tryin' to fix that for ya J.W.

205233d1320163693-gtg-pics-019-jpg

By the way, I'm almost out of hickory... We need to have another GTG soon... :laugh:

Many of them have been retrofitted with electronic ignitions. Any good dealer will have done it if it came in for any service on the old points ignition.

Yup... I got my first 028 up at Shiawassee Sports center up in your neck of the woods... New Lothrop, MI...

Latest posts

Back