Wiseco piston update from Baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old darling I did read it word for word. I just might suprise you with what I retained from reading this post

Like you said yesterday "Have a seat ole boy, this one is gonna get ripe and fun,hehe"

Nobody here speaks for anyone else, we are all grown men and we are all accountable for what we say and what we condone. If some people want things to stop before they get any worse, I can't blame them for being more peaceable than I am feeling. Like you said yesterday "I am not bored at all I am feeling quite frisky"

Well listen up little Sugar Plum, if you got the memo what is there not to understand. See that highlighted area there, yeah those dark black words, you see them, try abiding by them. This thread really has nothing to do with you in case you was wondering. Funny you write nobody here speaks for anyone else and yet thats all you been doing. Now it appears you got a hard on for me, thats too bad, scratch your chin and get over it, :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Brad, my recomendation is that you disengage. This sorry thread will never die if you continue posting. If you stop, it will fade out by tomorrow. If you keep posting, your just exposing yourself to needless "incoming fire", and this thing will be well past 500 posts before the end of the weekend. I know that this thread keeps you on the front page, but geez you can't be enjoying this experience, can you?

I sensed from the get-go that this idea could blow up in your face, but I thought a saw might have to blow up first. Maybe it's better that the whole thing grenaded sooner, rather than later anyway. If anything went wrong with any of the test saws, it was going to come back to you. Whether it was the piston's fault, an air leak, bad gas, dirty wood, a full moon, bad music on the radio, it would have been your fault. It would be, "Hey Brad, my saw quit, what are YOU gonna do?" And it no doubt would have been played out here on the open forum just like we are seeing now, perhaps even nastier. I think that the $50 thing probably set a few guys off more that you expected. If they were being asked to put their saw on the line, and pay the shipping, then you should have been willing to donate your time to pop the piston in there. People get funny when they think someone else is "making money".

There have been some contentious threads on here before, but I'm kind of surprised at how personal and vicious this one has gotten. I still think the original idea was a horrible one, for the reasons I stated many pages ago. But I was blasting the idea itself, not Brad. And I didn't think that just by reading his posts, that I was able to read his mind, and come up with some kind of ulterior motive for what he was doing.

We need to move on guys.

Brad; lead the way. :cheers:

+1 I have nothing against Brad at all. The 50 dollar installation irked me, but after further thought, I can understand. My problem is I dont really pay myself much labor when I work on someone's saw.

At this point Im more interested in how the pistons fare. The idiots slinging feces from both sides of the dispute need to can it. All the relative info has been stated.

Well listen up little Sugar Plum, if you got the memo what is there not to understand. See that highlighted area there, yeah those dark black words, you see them, try abiding by them. This thread really has nothing to do with you in case you was wondering. Funny you write nobody here speaks for anyone else and yet thats all you been doing. Now it appears you got a hard on for me, thats too bad, scratch your chin and get over it, :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Frankly the thread has nothing to do with you either, but you sure have a strong opinion about it. ;)

Mr. HE:cool:

Oh I see now it isn't any of my business and has nothing to do with me; this is your private and personal internet that Al Gore invented just for you just so you can call people swindlers and so your lackies can threaten to call the tax man. my mistake.

Frankly the thread has nothing to do with you either, but you sure have a strong opinion about it. ;)

Hey thats a good point. But wait, how bout you? Yeah I got a strong opinion but thats just me. I speak for me, I don't need anyone in my corner..

Oh I see now it isn't any of my business and has nothing to do with me; this is your private and personal internet that Al Gore invented just for you just so you can call people swindlers and so your lackies can threaten to call the tax man. my mistake.

Did I call you a swindler? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh excuse me, you must be speaking for someone else, why I thought you just wrote nobody speaks for anyone, didn't I just highlight that for you. Fact is you wanna play, come on, admits it?

I think I have an old set of dueling flintlock pistols around here somewhere. I'd loan them to you guys but I'm guessing we'd have a three day argument on how many paces, 457 different opinions on how much powder to use, a week long debate on wadding and bullet selection, continued disagreement on location and time...

The fact that Baileys sends him stuff to tryout and or test. The guys at Race Saws were about to boycott Baileys because of this.:dizzy:

Well Sir I did a search for this other forum you posted. Thank you, that site has a lot more reading on porting then I could read in a lifetime or comprehend.

From reading over there they have already been running wiseco pistons for years in saws and Bailey's has sent out wiseco stock replacement pistons to the end users, as should have been done over here. No $50 charge or anything, no shipping back and forth. Sent straight to the end users without any hype the way it should be. :dizzy:

Seems like Bailey's helps them guys out pretty good over there too, no such boycott you speak of.

Thanks again for the lead that there was other chainsaw forums out there to read at Andyshine77 :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey thats a good point. But wait, how bout you? Yeah I got a strong opinion but thats just me. I speak for me, I don't need anyone in my corner..

Well, just so long as you understand that. (I suspected you might.)

We fall on opposite sides of this. I really don't like how you have handled it, I think it was rather small of you. But that is just my own personal opinion, which goes without saying.

Many people don't like what I've said, simple joy of living in a free country.

We can all make our guesses about what motivates others, I've got mine, you've got yours, but at the end we don't really know.

The trouble is you have idiots in your corner and a man is known by his company

Did I call you a swindler? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh excuse me, you must be speaking for someone else, why I thought you just wrote nobody speaks for anyone,
Yes you have spun me up completely in a terrible contradiction. Because you never called me a swindler I have no right to interfere with your internets or make any comment on your wild accusations.[/QUOTE]

didn't I just highlight that for you.
yes it was a brilliant display of your internet prowess

Fact is you wanna play, come on, admits it?

:) I'm your huckleberry

Well Sir I did a search for this other forum you posted. Thank you, that site has a lot more reading on porting then I could read in a lifetime or comprehend.

From reading over there they have already been running wiseco pistons for years in saws and Bailey's has sent out wiseco stock replacement pistons to the end users, as should have been done over here. No $50 charge or anything, no shipping back and forth. Sent straight to the end users without any hype the way it should be. :dizzy:

Seems like Bailey's helps them guys out pretty good over there too, no such boycott you speak of.

Thanks again for the lead that there was other chainsaw forums out there to read at Andyshine77 :cheers:

Boy that is a very telling post. You have to be a member over there to read threads and registration is disabled right now....

Hmmmm....

Boy that is a very telling post. You have to be a member over there to read threads and registration is disabled right now....

Hmmmm....

Tell what. Hit register answer questions and I was accepted a hour or so ago. Very simple Sir, follow instructions for membership and you are in. Just like that.

Where do you get it is disabled LMAO. You ever thought just maybe they don't wont someone like you reading over there :confused:

I found 4 more forums in that search is that a bad thing? Guess what they wasn't disabled either and I am in on all of them now too.

Live in your fantasy of thinking you know everything. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

A shot through the dining room window and another of the base of a lens. --Ian

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey, nice pics Ian.

thanks.. I ordered an 8x10 print of the bird to see how it would turn out.

:dizzy:

Brad-

If you still need a 372 cylinder, I have a new Mahle 50mm cylinder you can have. It was on a short block that was damaged in shipping, so it lost part of a couple of the top fins, nothing major. It had only been started at the factory. I can send it Monday via priority mail.

and then we all sit around wondering why helpful people leave the site....:mad:

I'm still here... you're still here... Brad's still here... a bunch of other really cool people are still here.

I'll bet I could get into such a piston with a Dremel and lighten it up a bunch. The area above the pin boss is one such area on forged pistons, also reducing the thickness of the skirts in the middle and leaving a bit more around the edges, along with removing any sharp edges or corners - might even end up lighter than stock as the forged alloy is stronger than cast.

I put a 56mm bike piston in a Jonsered 2095 years ago. It was a nightmare from the start. It was a piston designed for a bike, not a chainsaw. I had to use a custom wrist pin bearing and I spent three hours hand shaping and profiling the piston. I had to take a bunch of material off the inside and relieve several areas that I knew would expand too much. In the end, the saw ran good but not enough more than what the stock piston would have provided to warrant all the work and trouble that went into it. Hopefully these pistons designed for saws are a much better end result.

The trouble is you have idiots in your corner and a man is known by his company

Yes you have spun me up completely in a terrible contradiction. Because you never called me a swindler I have no right to interfere with your internets or make any comment on your wild accusations.

yes it was a brilliant display of your internet prowess

:) I'm your huckleberry[/QUOTE]

Now you posted all that forwhat. I have idiots in my corner, where, I don't see anyone speaking for me, do you? Your not my huckleberry, maybe the ones you speak for but not me. I told you they wanted this thread to stop, they, meaning them, not me. I was all for it. You chose to keep it going, not me, I've been merely replying to you, not the other way round. If your done I'm done too, deal?

Latest posts

Back