Yay! It's Here!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promac850

formerly promac610
Reaction score
A very kind member on here sent me a McCulloch Pro Mac 850 project saw. :) Thanks again rwoods!! :cheers: I have a few, well more than a few pics of the current status of the saw on my workbench. I will need a few parts, mainly a Zama C2 carb kit, and maybe crank seals, if any of you think I should replace them. I am open to all suggestions of what to do with it. Am I crazy to think of making the exhaust port a little wider? I'm so excited! :blob2: What to do?

View attachment 170784

View attachment 170785

View attachment 170786

View attachment 170787

View attachment 170788

You're in way to deep, kid. Send it to me lol, please.

Good luck, you'll get it done and running.

[video=youtube;K0vsS6CfCTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0vsS6CfCTI[/video]

here is what you get to look forward to.

BTW I watch this guys videos for fun, I'm not trying to sell anything.{disclaimer}

did you see how fast it cut that wood?

BTW I watch this guys videos for fun, I'm not trying to sell anything.{disclaimer}

He sells a lot of saws, good marketing. Usually his saws bring decent money.

Yep a 80cc saw tearing up a 10" piece of softwood at that. Like you said, good marketing. :laughn:

I thought it was hardwood... :(

lol, I'm happy I'm in the 80+cc club now. :) It'll definitely be a stride above the 610 I'm using now. :cheers:

Gonna have to order the Labonville full-wrap chaps and a full brim aluminum hard hat from Bailey's soon. :)

I thought it was hardwood... :(

lol, I'm happy I'm in the 80+cc club now. :) It'll definitely be a stride above the 610 I'm using now. :cheers:

Gonna have to order the Labonville full-wrap chaps and a full brim aluminum hard hat from Bailey's soon. :)

Good for you, you will be more then happy, it will definatly be a couple steps up for sure.

I think I'm going to go out and start cleaning some parts. :) Will post more pics and stuff like that. :cheers:

Where does he sell? Ive looked at just about all his videos. Guy seems to know what hes doing. Except on his Husky rancher 55 vid he said it could handle a 24" bar i dunno about that.......

That old mac looks like a project you got there. If i was to get an old old saw i would get a Mac to redo. They just look and sound good!

Got a lot of nice looking parts there. Send pics of the exhaust mod when your done. Looks like you've got a lot of meat to take out. I'm going to to the exhaust on my upcoming 10-10 project when it gets here. should be fun. :worship:

Where does he sell? Ive looked at just about all his videos. Guy seems to know what hes doing. Except on his Husky rancher 55 vid he said it could handle a 24" bar i dunno about that.......

That old mac looks like a project you got there. If i was to get an old old saw i would get a Mac to redo. They just look and sound good!

Out here we cut mostly evergreen species of trees so a rancher 55 would have no problem with a 24" bar and skip tooth chain.

Back