My new free saw!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimilkman1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I told a buddy of mine I was shopping for a saw to handle a 20" b&c and he said he had just the thing for me and to stop by. I got to his place and he had a John Deere CS56 sitting on his bench. He showed me the saw and said he no longer needed it and I could take it, it only needs a clutch and sproket. Who makes the saw for John Deere and how many cc's is this model? He says he was real happy with it, so once I get new parts I'll find out for myself.

Kyle

I'm pretty sure that it is a 56cc Efco, check with Baileys for parts and more.

Taxmantoo will be by shortly, I'm pretty sure he has a couple different JD/Efco saws.....

Newer ones are efco, like the man said. I think the older ones were echo, so everyone's right. I think that number is an efco saw, but I stand to be corrected.

Thats a decent saw. I used to have the Cub Cadet which is the same saw only yellow. It is the same as the 56cc Efco. I thought it was a little down on power and was no match for a 359 or slmilar 59cc model, but it was dead on reliable and the price was right. Report back.

It is the smallest of the pro-built (vertically split crankcase) models in the Efco line-up. Efco produces a well built, solid, reliable saw.

Kevin

Well it ain't pretty, it's been abused some I can tell ya, the muffler has some rust on it, the plastic is a little faded from sun exposure. His brothers borrowed it for a while. I will try to get a pics tomorrow, but I don't know when I will be able to post em.

If I recall, one of the week spots on those machines are throtte linkage related. If your ordering parts you might wanna add some spares on your order. Try the search function.

Well it ain't pretty, it's been abused some I can tell ya, the muffler has some rust on it, the plastic is a little faded from sun exposure. His brothers borrowed it for a while. I will try to get a pics tomorrow, but I don't know when I will be able to post em.

Oooh. I'vew always wanted to be the fist in a thread to make a post like this:

First, do this: :camera:

Then log onto AS and do this: :computer:

When the picture shows up in your post, we'll all do this: :wave::wave:

:cheers:

Back