What was the smallest cc chainsaw ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 cu. in. = 32.7 cc
I'd like to find one to race too, Jack. My little 1977 Homelite XL (26cc) just doesn't cut it. :) I didn't think I'd get though that 8x8 hardwood the first time let alone 2 cuts.
Is a nice little saw to cut limbs with though. http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...ce0f71a23c6c52da88256c26004cc301?OpenDocument

My first chainsaw was a Homelite XL.

32.7cc's. Now if we could find a saw that could fitted with other parts to make it larger, even better!
Stock appearing that's it!

Cox Beaver 140 was the smallest in the world in 1966
1.4 cu. in. (22.942 cc)
10 lbs.

Mini mac 6 was the smallest in the world in 1970 (smaller than the O&R in size)
ASSEMBLY NUMBER: 600081, serial prefix 10, A10, 11, A11, 12
INTRODUCED: July 1970
DISCONTINUED: May 1973
DISPLACEMENT: 1.78 cu. in. (29cc)
6-1/2 lbs.

Power mac 6 was the lightest in the world 1969
ASSEMBLY NUMBER: 600087, serial prefix 11, C11
INTRODUCED: January 1969
DISCONTINUED: August 1969
DISPLACEMENT: 2.0 cu. in. (32.8cc)
7 lbs. 4 oz.

Orline(O&R) MODEL MUSTANG 13 was the smallest in1970
1.3 cu-inch....10 lbs

They are all in exhibits in the museum.

But the real answer would be: from the medical encyclopedia:
The earliest reference I could find on chainsaws comes from the Canadian Medical Association Journal in an article written by Wolf Seufert, MD, DSc: "Orthopedics became a specialty with the help of a new instrument, the osteotome, invented around 1830 by the German Bernard Heine. This illustration from a contemporary inventory of surgical tools shows clearly that this clever master of prosthetics had in fact invented the chain saw. The links of the chain carried small cutting teeth with the edges set at an angle; the chain was moved around a guiding blade by turning the handle of the sprocket wheel."

will post pic....
1st-chainsaw-osteotomneu-1830.jpg

Alain,

Last edited:
Don't know which one but i'm pretty sure i owned one. Had a skill years ago and it wouldn't go through butter. Little bitty saw and was useless. Couldn't even limb with it.

the skil i had years ago-wish i would have kept. elec,and anti, and it cut like a wildone!! 1/4 mini chain, what a roach to sharpen!!!

Wow... a useful post from spacemule! I might grab one of those to throw in my snowmobile this year, hard to find a decent saw that is light and doesn't take up much space.

A creative answer, but not valid in the context of the original post.
The question was, "who made the smallest cc chainsaw"... which implies that the saw must have an internal combustion engine with a measurable displacement.

So far the Orline is the smallest posted - at 21.3 cc.

Smallest cc chainsaw

The smallest cc recent chainsaw is the Zenoah G2000T chainsaw at18.3 cc. Not sold in the USA, so far as I can find out, but advertised in Singapore and several other Asian nations. It is advertised at 2.2 kg. If anyone has one, I would like to hear your assessment of it.

The smallest cc recent chainsaw is the Zenoah G2000T chainsaw at18.3 cc. Not sold in the USA, so far as I can find out, but advertised in Singapore and several other Asian nations. It is advertised at 2.2 kg. If anyone has one, I would like to hear your assessment of it.

Good find! Now we need pics. Do they respond well to muffler mods? Porting? What oil mix? Has anyone tried Gary Goo in one yet?

Edit - just google it. You win Marvinlee.
http://www.zenoah.net/new_p/g2000t.html

Last edited:
A creative answer, but not valid in the context of the original post.
The question was, "who made the smallest cc chainsaw"... which implies that the saw must have an internal combustion engine with a measurable displacement.

Implications aside, is 0 less than 21.3?

2 cu. in. = 32.7 cc
I'd like to find one to race too, Jack. My little 1977 Homelite XL (26cc) just doesn't cut it. :) I didn't think I'd get though that 8x8 hardwood the first time let alone 2 cuts.
Is a nice little saw to cut limbs with though. http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...ce0f71a23c6c52da88256c26004cc301?OpenDocument

Berryman, I have one of those Homey XL's. Last weekend just messing around I muffler modded it. Really woke that little sucker up! Wouldn't be stock anymore but might be fun to play with.:greenchainsaw:

Back