Husky collectors, what models are you after/have already and why?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Na, we are allowed sub 70's now- as long as they are not crappy ones.
Shame really- I mean what Husqvarna collection can be considered complete if it did not have an example of the mighty Husqvarna 45! :p
If we're going for iconic and small cc that award goes to the 346xp hands down.

She’s a looker , got mine ported by the Sausage King 👍View attachment 1092442
That’s a nice saw. I had thought about porting my 266XP but I don’t think I ever will. It deserves to be preserved as it is. My other 61’s and 266’s though, they’re good candidates for porting. And they will be ported once I find a good deal on a lathe.

That’s a nice saw. I had thought about porting my 266XP but I don’t think I ever will. It deserves to be preserved as it is. My other 61’s and 266’s though, they’re good candidates for porting. And they will be ported once I find a good deal on a lathe.
Yea , have a couple to , that ported 266 is a monster, compared to stock , , 👍

I can see you have never ran a 200t Stihl

Hey Mike, I think ya missed the title of the post asking HUSKY Collectors what models are you after/have?, and why? 😉

Anyhow, how’ve ya been?
I haven’t been to Reno in quite awhile,
I Hope that all is well with You and the Missus

Give you a shout, if/when I go back, the Chow at Reds was Good 😋, and the company even better

Doug 😎

No husky collection is complete without a 266XP.
Well, my Collection definitely got a bit better then, far from complete though lol, she’s not as purdy as yours, but Just picked up a working 266xp with a 16” and 18” b&c and a full parts saw besides a clutch cover lol, perfect because the 272 is gonna get a bigger carb and a top cover out of the transaction 😂
Happen to know the difference in the hs225a and hs224a, working saw came with the 225 on it and parts saw had a 224 with itC7851C4B-0BC4-4663-88B2-666829B2D0E7.jpeg

Newly acquired 266 on left , my 272 on right02822456-4BD7-41AC-9550-894BBF81B7AF.jpeg

I have a 266xp Tomos from Slavaina Yugoslavia and something tells me that it was factory ported! No EPA over there to put restrictions on everything, I put a 255 carburetor on it and drilled a couple of holes in the pipe and man does that thing disturb the peace! I also have a Husqvarna 61 300th anniversary edition and a 1974L-65, Jonsered 80,two Jonsered E52,,Jonsered 49,Jonsered 525, I got the 266xp for free! Called a guy on Craigslist about a wood stove and mentioned that I had so many chainsaws that I needed to get a smaller stove. He asked me if I wanted four more chainsaws? Said he was moving out of state and didn't have room in the Uhaul truck for the chainsaws! Said that his Grandpa and his Dad were saving these saws for years because there was something special about all four of them and he was right! One was the 266xp, one was a John Deere 60V, One was a Lombard Comango, and one was a Stihl 030AV that i believe is from Germany because the on/off switch is written in a different language, it says, EIN for on and ALIS for off and I fixed all four of them. The only downside of this was I got a $260 dollar ticket for speeding on my way over to get the saws! 🙄

Can’t forget about the 262xp with the tool holder hander! One of a kind

I have a 266xp Tomos from Slavaina Yugoslavia and something tells me that it was factory ported! No EPA over there to put restrictions on everything, I put a 255 carburetor on it and drilled a couple of holes in the pipe and man does that thing disturb the peace! I also have a Husqvarna 61 300th anniversary edition and a 1974L-65, Jonsered 80,two Jonsered E52,,Jonsered 49,Jonsered 525, I got the 266xp for free! Called a guy on Craigslist about a wood stove and mentioned that I had so many chainsaws that I needed to get a smaller stove. He asked me if I wanted four more chainsaws? Said he was moving out of state and didn't have room in the Uhaul truck for the chainsaws! Said that his Grandpa and his Dad were saving these saws for years because there was something special about all four of them and he was right! One was the 266xp, one was a John Deere 60V, One was a Lombard Comango, and one was a Stihl 030AV that i believe is from Germany because the on/off switch is written in a different language, it says, EIN for on and ALIS for off and I fixed all four of them. The only downside of this was I got a $260 dollar ticket for speeding on my way over to get the saws! 🙄
Very few people have a Husqvarna 285CD. I have one which has been enormously useful for any big job felling or cutting up big tree trunks. Unfortunately the CD ignition has failed and it has been impossible to obtain a replacement. I am now in the process of constructing a circuit using the original exciter coil and a new HV coil. Should it work I will publish how it is done. With new parts £30 should do it. Seth

Latest posts

Back