What was the smallest cc chainsaw ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We've talked about the biggest, but who made the smallest cc chainsaw and what model was it?

I'm going to guess Husky 32. Is there one smaller than 32cc?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have an Echo CS290EVL in really good condition that is 27.9cc :)
It sports a 12" bar and 3/8" Low Pro chain. Absolute weapon.
Actually a great little saw, complete with plastic dogs as part of the air filter cover. Starts and runs like a clock. All jokes aside a really good little saw.

And for your own entertainment (and size comparison) we have the flea on an Elephant pose (or a Chihuahua on a Great Dane)...

DSCF0054.jpg

And those awesome plastic dogs...

DSCF0058.jpg

One has to be careful not to puncture a femoral artery when using these. They are deceptively blunt. They don't like Aussie hardwood either for some reason?

Sorry about the blurry photos :(

Last edited:
Dad had a tiny green Poulan, 8 or 10" bar. It would only run if the air cleaner was removed. I don't remember what model it was or the cc, but it was bought in the early 70's.

RD

And for your own entertainment (and size comparison) we have the flea on an Elephant pose (or a Chihuahua on a Great Dane)...

Looks like a really small asian guy on top of a really large european chick to me.....

Wonder what the offspring would look like?

I would imagine that 25 cc would be the smallest since that's what so many weed whacker engines are. Many think that well we make yard equipment, we have a built in customer base, what else can we do with this engine? Chainsaws ding ding ding. Bad idea in the end.

Back