Anybody hear of Lumberjack chainsaws ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Reaction score
A friend of mine called me today from a yard sale 1 mile from my house. He said they had an old chainsaw there. I asked what kind and he said the only name on it was Lumberjack, and it had no price on it. I jumped in the truck to go look at it only to see a guy handing the lady $5.00 for the saw as soon as I got there. :cry: I did not get to see it up-close. It was red and looked 1950/60 ish. It had a full wrap and a Clinton looking engine. It looked complete and original. I never heard of a Lumberjack. I'm assuming is a model name and not a manufacturer name. Has anybody heard of these or have any pictures of one? I'm just wondering what I lost out on by 1 minute. :mad:

made by "Root manufacturing".......Lumberjack is a model 50 ...Chrysler/WestBend engine.
You see them often on "flyby"

Alain,

As per Mike's site:
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...7e8286ed7ae4572088256d310053141d?OpenDocument

325431255_tp.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen the root lumberjack in person, but did see a different model one time. That company made interesting machines. Back in the late 60's, my dad bought our first riding lawn mower, it was a root, still got the owners man. for it. That was the heaviest mowing machine I have ever ran, rear engine, 6 hp and it could barely pull itself without the blade running. It caught on fire one time and that was the end of that old boat anchor.

More than likely it was a Wen Lumberjack....not the antique posted in this thread. You can find them at Menard's....or anywhere else that sells consumer grade throw-a-way saws. They've made electric saws for a long time...their gassers are a more recent development.....no doubt built by Poulan or Mcculloch (or whoever owns Mcculloch now).

That gives me another name to keep an eye out for. I'd like to find a clean saw with a chrysler engine on it. I just want the Pentastar logo to put with all of my other chrysler stuff, Joe.

Root Manufacturing of Baxter Springs, KS put the Lumberjack name of several different models of their chainsaws. All collectible. Doubt that this one was a Wen, since the original post saws "old" and "1950-1960-ish looking". Sounds like you just missed a good deal on an old Root. :cry:

Back