Bought myself a new 460 this afternoon!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of buying either a 460 or 441 for over a year.
I finally broke down this afternoon and went to buy a 441, the dealer had sold his last one this morning, I paid 30.00 bucks over what I would have paid for a 441.
Got the 25" bar on it. I should have pictures up tomorrow. I've got until Monday to decide if I like it, or trade it for a 441. Made one cut with it as it's getting dark, seems about like a 044.

Dang, I thought you meant the husky 460. I used a friend's husq 460 - I liked it though was a tad tame.

460 Husky, no they might be a good saw, put I needed the ponies of the orange and white 460.lol I don't see the Husky 460 handling a 25" bar in hardwood all the time. If the 460 performs well, the 660 will be on the trading block.

If you're not cutting very large trees all day, you'll find the reduced weight over the 660 very nice. I would rather have a 460 too, but I have to lug this monster around to cut all of these big trees I have to cut.

460 Husky, no they might be a good saw, put I needed the ponies of the orange and white 460.lol I don't see the Husky 460 handling a 25" bar in hardwood all the time. If the 460 performs well, the 660 will be on the trading block.

460 all day long over a 660 both wearing 25'' bars. MM it and then good bye 660. I know I got rid of both of my 660's did'nt need them, 460 will pull 32'' bar just fine.;)

congrats on your new saw. I almost got one but i liked the antivibe on the 441 better. but the 460is a workhorse.

Congrats, sounds like you got a great deal on a 460, $30 more than a 441. My dealer wanted about $300 more for the 460 over what I paid for my 441.

Tommorrow, a MM is the first business of the day, the second is using the drywall screw to remove any limiters. Luckily for me my dealer of over 30 years will overlook any "modifications" if there are any warranty issues. It has one of the smallest exhaust outlets of any big saw I have looked at. He didn't carry the dual port cover.
We picked up a job for the spring after the weather warms up of removing prolly close to ten acres of hedge/osage orange. The bigger saws will pay for themselves on this little deal, I dread it, but the money is good.

Back