I'm still waiting on the conveyor fairy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkfxr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It was a gorgeous day here today, mid 40's and not a cloud in the sky. The women went into town to do what ever it is that women go to town for every weekend, only me and the dog left here so we (me and the dog) decided to split some wood.
Ahhh yes, just the sound of the mp3 player, the old school Kohler on the splitter, and the creaking and popping of hardwood. Yes, it was a good day. Would've been even better if the conveyor fairy would stop by and drop off a conveyor.

P1290269.jpg

P1290267.jpg

I hear you on the conveyor fairy. I got sick of tripping over spilts so I have been splitting a few rounds then loading them in the backhoe bucket. Not sure if it saves time but is much more enjoyable....

If he does stop by send him up my way too. I could use one too. Glad you got some nice weather. It has been nice the last few days here also. Sounds like it going to get cold again here in the next couple days.

Nice pile!

--really nice stack! My "conveyor" is 5-7 and 100 lbs. She has gotten so much into the artistic and engineering aspects of wood stacking, I can barely lay a stick she grabs it back up and rearranges it. She'll come over to me while I am running the fiskars biodrive splitter and ask for a custom sized piece!

I've seen a conveyor listed for sale on craigslist a few times in Winchester I think? Are you in No. Va.? I belive it was around $700, looked pretty good too but I don't have a place for one.

I put a ad on craigslist for "wanted conveyer or elevator" got three replys, all for $100-$150. I paid $100 for one with electric motor 25 feet long on wheels with the crank adjustment for hieght, Not brand new but very usable. The other, one was pto and one needed a motor. Mine has a corn bin head on it but we will fix that soon

after relooking at the pics , I wish I was there after treading thru the snow yesterday. I live right by lake michigan and have 7 foot piles all around the drive from plowing with the skidsteer. around 18" on the ground now, But we lost all our snow just after x-max during the 60 degree hot spell for two days. Cant wait for spring, Plus there is talk of strong strom coming in spring, ( strom damage, tree service )

Last edited:
--really nice stack! My "conveyor" is 5-7 and 100 lbs. She has gotten so much into the artistic and engineering aspects of wood stacking, I can barely lay a stick she grabs it back up and rearranges it. She'll come over to me while I am running the fiskars biodrive splitter and ask for a custom sized piece!

"Biodrive splitter" Love it!

Latest posts

Back