ms260pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deye223

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
gday darren here from oz can some one tell me if i got ripped off . never had a small saw before only 460 66o just got a ms 260 pro the oil groove looks dodgey ,if you look in the groove you can see the end of a ruber hose is this right any help would be great . been looking at this site for long time it rocks best thing i did was join..darren:blob2:

You have a excellent 50 cc saw. Have you tried it? Turn oil pump up clockwise make a few cuts check to see if bar is hot. It is easy to tell if its getting oil.

Last edited:
ms260

took it out to cut a cord of stringy bark think it is harder than most us wood , with a ms 460 takes about 1 1/4 hrs to cut &split by hand not as fit as used to be got ticker probs took 2 hrs with 260 pretty slow so checked out this site for mods yippy done muffler bugger me if it didn't give it 20% more grunt i was sceptical but am a believer now. its getting oil i just thought seeing a rubber hose behind the bar plate was nasty and some thing the chinese would do ,have not seen it before .deye223:msp_thumbup:

ms260

i asked another question in the reply to thread it siad gone to modarator for reveiw it's still not there whats the go . i dont no what to do this is the 1st time i have been on a forum:msp_sad:

Dye the forum has been playing up a bit and a bit slow this week

dont sweat it

some good people on here

Were in OZ are you?

gday saltas some bloody good people here . do you no any thing about ms 260 where am i VK3 thats ham for victoria east gippy nere bairnsdale

ms260

so is there any one out there that can tell me if my 260 is a chinese ripoff or a genuine stihl

no camara if you want to see it have a look on USAebay bloke thats got 026 2 bars 10 chains same oil pipe just look at close up pics id is rinokforyou

I dont think thats a hose you're seeing. Its the hole at the end of the line that dumps into the slot. IIRC, my 260P looks just like that. I can post a pic a lunch time.

if you want to see a pic usa ebay rinokforyou enlarge main pic clic on pic 3 have look you can see it a black pipe behind oil slot

so is there any one out there that can tell me if my 260 is a chinese ripoff or a genuine stihl
First off I've not heard of any Stihl knock-offs...
It's too hard to pull it off (so not worth the time) because only a dealer can sell new.
He is the one to register the warranty with Stihl...not the buyer!!

If you need true certainty...take the saw to you local Stihl dealer.
Have him run the serial number through Stihl's computers...
He can then tell you WHO was the original buyer that the warranty was issued to.
That would totally confirm that it is not a knock-off.
Hope this helps!!
:cheers:
J2F

it is new the bloke who sold it to me said it was made up of replacment parts including crankcase so no serial number and again i am used to ms460 ms660 and that oil pipe on 260 dont look right i have not owned a small saw before and i thought stihl being a quality product it would be better than what i got here ,i did what you said and the dealer said it was not a stihl and waffled on about bying one of him for $1250 us

it is new the bloke who sold it to me said it was made up of replacment parts including crankcase so no serial number and again i am used to ms460 ms660 and that oil pipe on 260 dont look right i have not owned a small saw before and i thought stihl being a quality product it would be better than what i got here ,i did what you said and the dealer said it was not a stihl and waffled on about bying one of him for $1250 us
OUCH!!!...that sucks!!! But at least you know it's a "Frankensaw" as the saying goes..
(meaning it's made from various parts that are available) from OZ...you might not know..??

Not much more I can say...what ya got is what ya got...just use it...no other choice I see.
Well ya live and learn...so chalk it up to a "learning experience"...maybe it will run great..??

I certainly wish you the best of luck..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Ok so its a franken stihl saw who gives a kangaroos rump.I would be more concerned how it cuts wood!

Back