best hard hat ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synness4

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
busted my stihl hard hat, ear muff, face screen combo whats your input on what I should get!

Here are two.

This style is for those nice, pleasant Spring days when all is well, and we skip through the woods releasing the herbal smells of Stinky Bob. Pastels are good for Spring. This hat was sent to a California Logger.
211323d1323797216-modified-mac-t0001-jpg

This is more for the rest of the year, when folks are in sour moods, hats are to be flung, or when on show me trips with environmental groups. The sticker was donated by a California Logger.
211324d1323797248-hats0001_1-jpg

View attachment 211323View attachment 211324

Last edited:
Hard Hat

I would have to say a hard one would be good. Try one on, hit with hammer and make sure its hard first...:jester::jester:

it depends

When climbing, you'll want one that straps on.

When on the ground I wear an ordinary hard hat (baseball cap style), I also like the bugz eyes mesh goggles. Ordinary safety glasses don't work in the humid summers here in Georgia. For ear protection, I wear foam ear plugs.

slowp, that is one sweet hard hat love the stickers ! do your corks have pink glitterie laces? BTW my 13 year old girl loves the pics of your saws!!
the logger style is going to be it ,thank for the in put.

Why not the Stihl hat again?

Curious why you wouldn't replace with the same? I have the one you speak of, comfortable, serves its purpose mostly. The muffs don't seem to reduce the noise level quite as well as my Stihl stand alone muffs though. I wear foamies as well as muffs so its not really an issue.

Straight up plain Mac-T homie, I'll post up a pic of my one that I usually wear when I get home, it looks like somebody played frisbee witha brick wall with it
for eye protection: goggles are ok, faceshields make you look like a Canadian (not that there's anything wrong with that :D )
for ear protection: cigarette butts are the only way to go

IMG_1412.jpg

Stihl's helmet system is sweet. I've also been looking at the Rockman systems, they look like they would hold up well. I bought a Husqvarna helmet system but took it back, it seemed like it would fall apart if I looked at it too hard.

Stihl's helmet system is sweet. I've also been looking at the Rockman systems, they look like they would hold up well. I bought a Husqvarna helmet system but took it back, it seemed like it would fall apart if I looked at it too hard.

I like the Rockman helmets a lot. I have Stihl Helmet systems now, due to my cutters left the Rockman's in their truck boxes and they live 8 hours away, but the Rockmans are the best ones. I have not probems with the Stihl units and like the ones with the plastic earmuff holders a lot more than the ones with the steel wire holders.

I liked the way Huskies felt, but I too didn't think they would hold up, likely that they would or do, but they didn't seem too stout.

Sam

This hat was sent to a California Logger.
211323d1323797216-modified-mac-t0001-jpg

That's what it looked like when it got sent to the California logger. This is what it looks like now...it's just worn on special occasions.

P6180224.jpg

You guys go ahead and wear those Roger Ramjet Space Cadet helmets...for everyday logging I'll keep using this one:

P5301753.jpg

Last edited:
That's what it looked like when it got sent to the California logger. This is what it looks like now...it's just worn on special occasions.

P6180224.jpg

You guys go ahead and wear those Roger Ramjet Space Cadet helmets...for everyday logging I'll keep using this one:

P5301753.jpg

The kitties remind me of the lumberjack song from Monte Python:hmm3grin2orange:

Not meaning to hijack the thread but how does that Stihl helmet set-up compare with the Echo, anybody try both of them? They all claim to be built to a certain "standard" but whatever that means...

Don't know if you can get them over " there " but have a look at the Stihl Advance Plus helmet is about the most comf I've ever had and has loads of adjustment for head and muff position. Has very good pull down eye shield as well as mesh screen. That said Im treating myself to a new Husky set with their latest radio muffs very nice.

I just go to my favorite industrial supply store and make my own "Canadian" helmet system .
My current helmet is a US made North , Oregon neck guard , Peltor standoffs for the muffs and a Peltor Screen , as things break or wear out I can go back and replace whats needed .

attachment.php

How's a fellow suppose to hang a screen and muffs off of one of them skull buckets ?

Back