the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rubbish is actually a compliment mate...

I know GB are making inroads with their EVO chain from China but it's still crap by all accounts. Quality control in regard to metallurgy is not a Chinese strongpoint. A few full time woodcutters I've spoken too have had loops of it just break during use, prior to even sharpening it.

Bylink is just Tri-link with Bynorm's own brand name on it.

A mate of mine purchased a loop of Bylink from Bunnings,turned out it didnt fit his saw so gave it to me for my little Makita.Several of the cutters are soft as butter and a few are that bloody hard a good file didnt mark them! Used it once and threw it out,very light in the tie straps,i just didnt trust it.

finaly fineshed the new splitter. Built out of a cotten module builderView attachment 235351

235351d1335248837-17-4-2012-056-jpg

John Deere are really good tractors without a doubt but their dealers and servicing are ripoffs. Their technology is also a bit outdated now from a smaller, orchard style tractor point of view. A lot of local guys are starting to buy Fendts and other European style tractors and reckon it's like going from a tough as nails Kingswood to a new Rolls Royce.
By European I DO NOT mean Lamborghini as they are dead set pieces of crap.

John Deere are really good tractors without a doubt but their dealers and servicing are ripoffs. Their technology is also a bit outdated now from a smaller, orchard style tractor point of view. A lot of local guys are starting to buy Fendts and other European style tractors and reckon it's like going from a tough as nails Kingswood to a new Rolls Royce.

I would have to agree with you Matt, I am a fan of John Deere equipment, but their poor dealer service and 'take it or leave attitude' makes you think twice about going back for another purchase. We have even noticed the same bad attitude while trying to deal with head office in the US. They have had it to good for to long unfortunately...

I would have to agree with you Matt, I am a fan of John Deere equipment, but their poor dealer service and 'take it or leave attitude' makes you think twice about going back for another purchase. We have even noticed the same bad attitude while trying to deal with head office in the US. They have had it to good for to long unfortunately...

Yeah I agree mate. Certain areas of agricultural are really doing it tough at the moment and I can say with some confidence that farmers are no longer willing to pay the premium for a product that isn't actually a hell of a lot better than the competition. A lot of farmers are also pis*ed off that despite the exchange rate they are still paying excessively high prices for farm equipment imported from the US.
It doesn't take a genius to work out that a tractor worth $100k a few years back with an 80c (or less) to the dollar exchange rate should not still be $100k at $1.03. They realise that there is some fat in the middle but they aren't stupid. A lot of Case tractors are going into broadacre here now with the odd New Holland and in horticulture Kubota and Case are starting to take over although Fendt are moving in due to superior (fancier) transmissions up to 100HP and better fuel economy.

john deere are getting a bit like cat, over priced and over rated with an under educated sales and service department

im a red man me self my pop had 2 "l" model petrol cases when i was a kid, got in me blood early

Yeah I agree mate. Certain areas of agricultural are really doing it tough at the moment and I can say with some confidence that farmers are no longer willing to pay the premium for a product that isn't actually a hell of a lot better than the competition. A lot of farmers are also pis*ed off that despite the exchange rate they are still paying excessively high prices for farm equipment imported from the US.
It doesn't take a genius to work out that a tractor worth $100k a few years back with an 80c (or less) to the dollar exchange rate should not still be $100k at $1.03. They realise that there is some fat in the middle but they aren't stupid. A lot of Case tractors are going into broadacre here now with the odd New Holland and in horticulture Kubota and Case are starting to take over although Fendt are moving in due to superior (fancier) transmissions up to 100HP and better fuel economy.

An example to prove your point... went to buy a track mower the other day. John Deere price was $38,000 no discount, no extras, no friendly service, even after spending a good deal of money there in the past. Kubota mower with the same specs was $20,000 after a bit of bargaining. And on top of that we have proven the kubota to be a better machine. So John Deere better wake up to themselves, before their loyal customers figure things out.

Yeah agree with all that guys.I think the playing field has evened out,maybe John Deere had a quality advantage thirty years ago but not anymore.Glad to hear its just not our local JD dealer that has arrogance problems.I was driving a brand spanking JD header last harvest (not mine) and within four hours it had broken two belts,so out they come and replace and then ask me did i think the owner would try and claim that on warranty,because belts arnt covered! Bloody hell mate i said what do you reckon? this bloke has just spent 500k on a header and your going to argue about a couple of belts that are a few hours old :mad: Turns out they had never pre delivered the header...run out of time!!

bloody hell, i own a red one and its got MF on it, also got an orange one it doesn't have MF on it.
just had to reply...........:msp_wink:

Hahaha, we have an orange one, bright orange, with FIAT down the side.

Fantastic old thing, doesn't miss a beat.
I'm amazed how good it is considering it's forty years old and the FIL left it out in the weather for twenty five years and didn't maintain it.

I'm noticing a lot more Fendts around here too.

I was also surprised the neighbours (one of the biggest t/bred studs in the country) have acquired new Masseys instead of the Green Menace.

Hahaha, we have an orange one, bright orange, with FIAT down the side.

Fantastic old thing, doesn't miss a beat.
I'm amazed how good it is considering it's forty years old and the FIL left it out in the weather for twenty five years and didn't maintain it.

Nothing wrong with Fiat mate,ive had a couple and they where great.

Anzac Day

As with most all little country towns, there'll be a little march today and I was really glad when talking to my 12 year old niece last week that she wanted to be involved, as her great grandfather on her fathers side was a veteran of WWI.

I always find Anzac Day very, very emotional and I've never served although I've known and talked to a lot of diggers about their experiences over the years.

BTW, I think Google has cocked up, they are showing a Poppy instead of Rosemary on their search page this morning.
I've never known of the poppy to be used to symbolise Anzac Day, it's always a sprig of Rosemary. The poppy has traditionally been used on Remembrance Day, but at least they've tried. ;)

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Lest We Forget.

Latest posts

Back