the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys whats your thought about bylink chain ,is it rubbish?

Rubbish is actually a compliment mate...

I know GB are making inroads with their EVO chain from China but it's still crap by all accounts. Quality control in regard to metallurgy is not a Chinese strongpoint. A few full time woodcutters I've spoken too have had loops of it just break during use, prior to even sharpening it.

Bylink is just Tri-link with Bynorm's own brand name on it.

Last edited:
speaking of chain i have a 100ft roll if someone wants it going cheap carton A3EP 3/8 semi .63g pm me cheers

Hey boys

on the weekend bumped into an old mate, he use to work in a saw service shop, he cuts a bit of wood himself and he
has this way of sharping semi chisel like as if you were sharping a full chisel with file on the angle instead of 90 degree
as normal with semi chisel, does anyone do this? if so whats it like?
he claims it cuts better, tell me what you think.

I wont use any Chinese chain unless it's free :yoyo:

is it kinda like bisexual? goes both ways or just the chain brand

Rubbish is actually a compliment mate...

I know GB are making inroads with thier EVO chain from China but it's still crap by all accounts. Quality control in regard to metallurgy is not a Chinese strongpoint. A few full time woodcutters I've spoken too have had loops of it just break during use, prior to even sharpening it.

Bylink is just Tri-link with Bynorm's own brand name on it.

Thanks fellas ,was thinking it was garbage,spose i just needed to hear it

I heard about chinese chain made using US steel... sounds like a tall tail to me unless it is actually true?

Hey boys

on the weekend bumped into an old mate, he use to work in a saw service shop, he cuts a bit of wood himself and he
has this way of sharping semi chisel like as if you were sharping a full chisel with file on the angle instead of 90 degree
as normal with semi chisel, does anyone do this? if so whats it like?
he claims it cuts better, tell me what you think.

I've heard of that before and tried it. I didn't notice any difference and it's the same theory as filing full chisel at 10° angle. I didn't notice any difference but that's not to say somebody out there hasn't found out a trick somewhere :)

Thanks fellas ,was thinking it was garbage,spose i just needed to hear it

i got one chicom chain it aint carlton but it is holding up ok just if the wood is clean
have a look at the cutters on this it has not been sharpend in this pic and was a lot of work to get them even

attachment.php

i got one chicom chain it aint carlton but it is holding up ok just if the wood is clean
have a look at the cutters on this it has not been sharpend in this pic and was a lot of work to get them even

attachment.php

I've got some Chinese made stuff named E&S which isn't too bad. A few guys here have loops of it (I gave a fair bit away). I did direct import a 100' box of 3/8" .058" semi chisel straight to a fulltime firewood cutter. He thinks it's great but after having a few bits shatter under load I'm not touching it again.
It wears very well and cuts well too. Only issue I've seen is where the odd loop comes too brittle and when trying to crack out the preset the whole tiestrap will shatter. This isn't actually a good thing and if you sold this gear and it wrapped around somebody's leg you'd get your arse sued off. You'd never get a penny out of the company that made it either.

Latest posts

Back