2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great info Aaron thanks, and so far I have been happy with 7 for what i do. I like chain speed, but I think I want the most torque at the stump, may try an 8 though. And u know me I am not a fan of .404 so no worries LOL! I Started with it on big saws, but for what we do as u know I have been enjoying and doing ok with 3/8. Saturday buddy!

8 pin sprockets.

Shaun, why 3 bar plates? Dynodave not sure if I ever saw three, all on the saw Dave? Tramp love those stories my friend! So my 2101 needs an 8 tooth?? And with 8 does it affect long bar performance?
Hey Norm,
I have 8's on my 298, 2100's, and 2101's. I also run an 8 on my 3120. However, I am not running real long bars. I have a 32" on the 298, a 34" and 36 on the 2100's, and 36" bars on the 2101's. The 3120 wears a 42". All running full skip, most of the time. The 8 pin's give you noticeably more chain speed, but do take a little more power. That being said, The 2100 series saws still pull with no problem, and no shortage of power. The only time I have noticed a little lag was with one of the 2100's (36"), in dry white oak, full 36" cut. I have run the 2101 with a 42", and it does fine. The 3120 pulls through just about anything, and plays with the 42". If I were running a 42" on the 2100's, or 2101's all the time, I would probably run a 7 tooth. Just my 2 cents.
The 2100 series saws are animals, and are extremely tough saws. I am currently rebuilding the first 2100 I bought, that I have had since 1983. It has cut an unbelievable amount of firewood.
The 2101"s seem to run even stronger.

Hey Norm,
I have 8's on my 298, 2100's, and 2101's. I also run an 8 on my 3120. However, I am not running real long bars. I have a 32" on the 298, a 34" and 36 on the 2100's, and 36" bars on the 2101's. The 3120 wears a 42". All running full skip, most of the time. The 8 pin's give you noticeably more chain speed, but do take a little more power. That being said, The 2100 series saws still pull with no problem, and no shortage of power. The only time I have noticed a little lag was with one of the 2100's (36"), in dry white oak, full 36" cut. I have run the 2101 with a 42", and it does fine. The 3120 pulls through just about anything, and plays with the 42". If I were running a 42" on the 2100's, or 2101's all the time, I would probably run a 7 tooth. Just my 2 cents.
The 2100 series saws are animals, and are extremely tough saws. I am currently rebuilding the first 2100 I bought, that I have had since 1983. It has cut an unbelievable amount of firewood.
The 2101"s seem to run even stronger.
Thanks for the info my friend! All music to my ears, when it's 2100 related!

Yesterday was a work out even for the muscle saws, big wet nasty wood. Got some time on the 395 finally and it's a sweet machine. Slight torque edge still goes to the 2101. But both put a smile on my face in tough conditions yesterday.

Yesterday, 09:40 PM #18
bryanr2
Arboristsite MVP

Credits
Feedback Score
Originally Posted by deepsouth
Thought you were buying doors, not saws?

And didnt need a big saw?
Door is ordered

Im weak..... I allocated some of my toy money on this. I've wanted one of these since I joined AS and started reading Norm' Thread.

And your right..... there is no need- this is a want.
cowroy and Fire8 like this.
Steven

Saw that in the classifieds, missed it until today. Jon1212 had a sweet 2100 for sale, and I am glad Our thread had a hand and some influence. My favorite saw!

Thanks my friend! even though it was a hard day, you know we love running the muscle saws. I am sure Aaron would agree, we still had fun.

Yesterday was a work out even for the muscle saws, big wet nasty wood. Got some time on the 395 finally and it's a sweet machine. Slight torque edge still goes to the 2101. But both put a smile on my face in tough conditions yesterday.

the 395 is a very nice saw Norm, they are user friendly and do the job with style.
I have converted all but 1 race 394 to 395's, an easy conversion when spares are in the shed.

Yesterday, 09:40 PM #18
bryanr2
Arboristsite MVP

Credits
Feedback Score
Originally Posted by deepsouth
Thought you were buying doors, not saws?

And didnt need a big saw?
Door is ordered

Im weak..... I allocated some of my toy money on this. I've wanted one of these since I joined AS and started reading Norm' Thread.

And your right..... there is no need- this is a want.
cowroy and Fire8 like this.
Steven

THANKS NORM for the Welcome to the Club. I was gonna wait til I had it in hand to submit my application to join the "elite 2100/2101" club.:cheers: But now that I'm in..... I have a tracking # and it is on it's way to TN. :rock:

THANKS NORM for the Welcome to the Club. I was gonna wait til I had it in hand to submit my application to join the "elite 2100/2101" club.:cheers: But now that I'm in..... I have a tracking # and it is on it's way to TN. :rock:

Jonathan's 2100CD is a sweet saw. If I had the scratch it'd be on its way back to Ca instead of TN...:D

welcome Bryan, and so glad to hear!! Aaron indeed a sweet saw! So friends, does Norm leave his big block huskies stock, or does he get them ported? Inquiry minds want to know, and whats your opinions my friends. franken Husky????

welcome Bryan, and so glad to hear!! Aaron indeed a sweet saw! So friends, does Norm leave his big block huskies stock, or does he get them ported? Inquiry minds want to know, and whats your opinions my friends. franken Husky????

All stock except the 395 and the other 288. Send those to Mastermind.:cheers:

I have found my "A Toast to the Loggers of B.C" dvd :rock: got it on my puter in 4 different parts. gonna try upload it tomorrow. oh wait a minute I guess later on today :laugh:. tried to upload but says it will take half hour per part and I ain't staying up that much longer. somebody has to teach me how to embed vids in threads. there are lots of 2100's in this vid :)

Back