Dolmar 115 brake parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willysmn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have this neat dolmar 115maybe i, but it need the whole chain brake. The "handle" is there but broken and Chainswr has one, but theclutch cover is completely empty, NOTHIN is there.
So good ole Randysenginerepair lists a complete side cover, but won't show a photo, so not a solution.
Apparently , the brake is the weak spot on these saws as no parts are available used very often.
I'm open to ideas.

this saw has COMPRESSION and I'd like to try it out. It must be lite and powerful.

the Sachs Dolmar 115 had 2 versions of brakes which do you have? Any Pics? Ever think of trying a Dolmar Dealer??? I have complete brake/side covers for both versions in stock!! and the newer style brake handle in stock but the old type is no longer available

Scott

dolmar 115

I was told the parts were NLA. I have the older style brake and I can get a handle, although Mine is useable.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I also have a 115 with brake issues. I have a 1988 older style chain brake assembly and think I may be missing parts.
Could you tell me how the clutch cover/brake band assembly locates in the brake handle..?

Many thanks
James

I have a 1997 one and the brake has always worked fine and never any problem.

The 109, 110, 111, & 115 are all the same family of saws.

Attachments

• Dolmar111i1997small.jpg
    Dolmar111i1997small.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 10
Thanks w8ye...
Looks like quite a simple mechanism, but I must have something missing as there is no connection between the brake handle and the mechanism on the band...
Can anyone shed any light on how the clutch cover attaches to the brake handle when bolting to the saw..?

Latest posts

Back