Poulan 4000 any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hills bay performance

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello to all. Today I bought a few saws from an older lady who's husband died recently. I bought a ms660, a few ms250's , ms180 , and a poulan 4000 with a bow bar . I only wanted the stihl saws but she told me I had to buy it all. I only paid $50 for and it runs . Its sounds good and cuts good. Do any of you run these and what size bar does good . Its currently got a 20"

Attachments

• NCM_0234.JPG
    NCM_0234.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 57
  • NCM_0233.JPG
    NCM_0233.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 55
I dont see myself using the bow bar. But I would like to put a 24" bar on it . Its 64cc I dont see why it wouldn't handle that. It feels like it has a lot of torque

I dont see myself using the bow bar. But I would like to put a 24" bar on it . Its 64cc I dont see why it wouldn't handle that. It feels like it has a lot of torque

The 4000 Poulan is my favorite, most used saw. I have several of them. Mostly use 20" bars on them, but do have one that I keep a 24" on. The 4000 will run a bow, obviously, :D but it takes some snot to run a bow. They are usually better on the bigger, even torque' er saws like the 4200, 5200. etc. Or the big sandcast models.

Gregg,

Back