Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The smaller 5mm bolt gives you more cylinder adjustment.
6mm ain't a bad idea, but an uneccesary step that could be dangerous if you don't have the proper set up.
What could be dangerous about tappin the case to 6 mm holes? And if anything I would think you would want "less" cylinder adjustment? Or am I missin somthin?
You would have to slot the cylinder bolts less but other than that I don't think it makes much difference which bolts a guy uses

What could be dangerous about tappin the case to 6 mm holes? And if anything I would think you would want "less" cylinder adjustment? Or am I missin somthin?
You would have to slot the cylinder bolts less but other than that I don't think it makes much difference which bolts a guy uses
Someone uses a standard 6mm tap......I don't think that's a great idea.
Someone hand taps the holes and doesn't hit it perpendicular to the base.....I don't think that's a great idea.

Someone uses a standard 6mm tap......I don't think that's a great idea.
Someone hand taps the holes and doesn't hit it perpendicular to the base.....I don't think that's a great idea.
Yes I can see if someone messes up any step and gets the cylinder off square or slightly not centered could cause some problems

Sry guys more saw related garbage but ..... Where are you getting bearings and such when you rebuild these saws ??? I read something about bearings with nylon or Teflon cages sounded like a good idea to me or using a full roller instead of roller ball ??? The full roller sounds like a good option on the hybrids more strength and all

Jesse

Back