How far do you guys haul firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pafire

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
With the weather turning cooler here this week in Penna., Our daughter called to schedule a firewood cutting party. (Yea I cut they load). So if I’m going to make the trip I’m going to take the trailer along. So I’m wondering how far do you guys haul your firewood.

1hr each way :(

Cause I live in the burbs and there are only certain parts of certain state forests I live near that you can cut dead fallen.

Still beats paying $150 per m3 when I can get 1.5m3 in the Ute for $13 of fuel.

I do long for a big bush property though.

Up to 300 yards down/across a mountain with a 60lb log on my shoulder (maybe 100lb if I can drag it) as there ain't no road to my house.

For my own use? About 2 miles from shop to house.

For others, I've hauled 150+ miles.

Much more than 20 minutes is out of the question for me.

I'm fortunate I only have to haul on my own property boundary. I try to drag whole trunks to the processing area and leave the small branches in burn piles in the woods. Lots of hardwoods here In NY and after last night's storm I'm sure there will be wind damaged tress to harvest.

About a half an hour when I had a 2 cord trailer. Now that I have ample reserves, and several local source locations, about 10 minutes.

Back