60cc dilemma

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AK_Dreamer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So you know how the eyes tend to wander right???? Well I have a Stihl 034 super that is in like new condition. But the husky 562xp has been winking at me lately. I only need one saw and have settled on the 60cc. Is there much to be gained here with the 562?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So you know how the eyes tend to wander right???? Well I have a Stihl 034 super that is in like new condition. But the husky 562xp has been winking at me lately. I only need one saw and have settled on the 60cc. Is there much to be gained here with the 562?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Yeah, a lot to be gained....you'll have a Husky! ;)

NYH1.

I'd get a 262xp. I have two of them. Perfect saw for Alaska. I went to the Husky shop by the Big Lake turnoff on the Parks highway yesterday. They have a great selection of Husky saws.

Where is the problem?
I got four 034 AV (Super), three 038 (Super), two 268XP, one Jonsered 670, tone 365 Special, one 266, several 163 and 162, not counting the bunch of 60 cc Macs...
Better to have one too many than not enough saws.
...and I usually use one of the 034 AV Supers or the better of the 268XPs, sometimes the 365 Special.

Leave the 034 alone. Leave it stock. Why does everyone here want to butcher stuff?
A little grinding by someone who knows what they are doing can really wake up a saw, and it’s usually more like artwork than ‘butchering’. Granted, I’ve seen some hacked up cylinders...

Ignore both and get a MS261C-M :-D
Completely off topic and useless, with your typical brand bias. You should try reading the posts some time, and try to contribute.

To the OP, the advantages to the 562 are mostly noted above, as are the advantages of keeping your 34. If it were me, and i only wanted one saw to set on a shelf and forget, and expect reliable occasional use in the 60cc class i would want the Husky. If saw ownership is more of a hobby i would keep the old Stihl and put the money into "butchering" it. Just my $.02

Back