G660 "Blue" Farmertec 90cc beast, Assembled powerhead AS it came.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wished they had kept the G666 label ... would have paired well with your video title. Could be a game changer for the homeowner market if the saw holds up well.

Wished they had kept the G666 label ... would have paired well with your video title. Could be a game changer for the homeowner market if the saw holds up well.
I know, is that a blessing or a curse? I do have mixed feeling about these. Not conflicted with the kits and the hobby that has grown up around building saws from scratch. I think that "wrinkle" has helped many learn about saws from the inside out, a good thing. Also a way to extend the life of some of the better OEM saws for a reasonable amount of money. AND has been a way to have fun in the hobby and build a useful tool. Moving towards complete power heads...I guess it's a logical evolution for those companies. And your right, a game changer if it plays out as it might, but I think the door has been busted down with all those Zenoah based copies. These are technically the same...but they aren't. These are serious machines. My issue is they need to play by the same rules if they sell into the serious saw market as the rest of the OEM's out there. Kit saws, Hobby saws, etc....you build them for yourself. I don't even like those who build and eBay them as then they too are now manufacturers...and even that crosses a line for me. And these...are serious product offerings. JUST my humble opinion. So I look at them objectively as stand alone saws because that's my job on the channel, like it or not I feel the need to just show and define what I see without my political or emotional thought process. But like I have tried to articulate, I think these offerings, even the cheap Zenoah's need to pass the same safety and epa requirements any other saw does.

Could not agree more. They have stepped into a new arena with these saws and as such need to be held to a higher standard than there kit offerings. I wonder if some of the upgraded components will start showing up in the kits.

Anybody who's thinking about buying one of these (or a Chicom kit or anything from China) should probably keep an eye on what's happening with all the tariffs and crap on China imports...the prices may take a hike north before long...

Think his bar and chain is worth more than that saw. Thanks for sharing. That 660 sounds more like my single cylinder BSA bike did.

Safety? Probably.

EPA? C’mon, you know you don’t believe that BS.
What BS? That I think they need to pass those before being sold? Of course I do. DO I believe they have, of course not. My point is if all the main stream manufacturers do, these guys should as well or why should all the other OEM's have to go though that expense? If some can come in and not have to, none should. If some should, they all should. I would prefer all go through the same type of testing and have independent certifications such as UL, FUNDED by the manufacturer; would force a better quality of product. And if that process is funded by the manufacturer, they will not want to do it more than a few times there for yet again a motivation to make certain safety system such as chain brakes and chains catchers work FIRST time, and that means a safer product. Right now the testing is more about emissions & EPA regulations, and that is total BS in my opinion. But still all should have to comply to the same rules or none should. And I most certainly do believe in this concept. Or I wouldn't post it.

What BS? That I think they need to pass those before being sold? Of course I do. DO I believe they have, of course not. My point is if all the main stream manufacturers do, these guys should as well or why should all the other OEM's have to go though that expense? If some can come in and not have to, none should. If some should, they all should. I would prefer all go through the same type of testing and have independent certifications such as UL, FUNDED by the manufacturer; would force a better quality of product. And if that process is funded by the manufacturer, they will not want to do it more than a few times there for yet again a motivation to make certain safety system such as chain brakes and chains catchers work FIRST time, and that means a safer product. Right now the testing is more about emissions & EPA regulations, and that is total BS in my opinion. But still all should have to comply to the same rules or none should. And I most certainly do believe in this concept. Or I wouldn't post it.
A lot of it is based off of volume being sold. For instance a custom bike manufacturer like Big Bear choppers hasn't done anything in terms of emissions. They get by because you have to meet a certain level of manufacturing volume to be handcuffed to the rules. This is mostly done as to not crush small companies from braking into various industries. All in all my feelings on emissions is that it's all BS. I mean how many chainsaws are running at a given time? It's such a small area to focus on as it is, let alone keeping in mind how much longer an engine restricted by emissions has to run to perform the same work. All the while producing emissions!

Afleetcommand, unreal, I had no idea you posted here
I have seen probably every single one of your chainsaw videos, I also would like to say I quite enjoy you and bob at the fire pit talking about chainsaw stuff.
Your nylon cage bearing debates are quite entertaining, bob gets quite worked up but tries to hide it lol. You both bring up valid points on the issue, and I can agree with both sides.

I would also like to say that out of all the chainsaw YouTube videos you and mweba are the most thorough and seem to be the most educated when it comes to the chainsaw topic.

Would love to see a carb rebuild video, especially for older carbs on Homelite and mcculloch saws. Would also love to see what parts fail on a carb and their relational effect on how the engine runs.

I also love how you take in the Chinese builds and give us your two cents on the issue. Not a Chinese guy myself but the info is quite valuable

Your fan
Brent

I ordered one after your video. Unboxed and fueled and oiled up,3 pulls and it idled perfect. It is tuned fat right now. I did an oiler mod on it as it was not oiling to my satisfaction.So far I am pleased. Thanks for the research.
Mine came in . Very pleased thus far. Agree the oiler on high does not oil a 32" enough for me !

I guess that was taken wrong.

I agree, the same rules should apply to everybody, that’s only fair.

I’m just saying the epa emissions regs are BS as they apply to small engines. The regs are setup to mandate restrictions on consumer goods-everyday people and small(ish) business.

Fun fact: the amount of fuel burned by ships, trains, and planes is more than that burned by every other engine. Trains, planes, and ships are not required to adhere to any emissions regs. I believe that is changing soon tho, at least in the case of ships.

At least I read that recently somewhere as a fact??

Do the Chinese make something like an 036?
Yes, an 036 copy as a "kit saw"...its OK, need to sub in a few OEM parts to make it useful. Things like air filter, bar oil pump at minimum. Choke and trigger as well. And I would suggest a better AM top end. Mine runs ok but it could be a LOT better with a few ungraded parts.

Yes, an 036 copy as a "kit saw"...its OK, need to sub in a few OEM parts to make it useful
I finally found them. They have a junk website. The prices are mighty tempting. If I just needed occasional use I’d go for it. But that $225 366 is pretty tempting for a backup or when my back hurts.

Back