MS462 Are they in the states yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And will they be available in the adjustable carb model?
Not yet ... available in Canada right now ... dealer sez Jan/Feb ish for 462cm and 462cmr ; not sure if arctic will be available in USA ... word is no standard carb offfered in USA ... will be available south of the border however

Yes we have them up here in Canada. My dealer just got one in. A little more $$ than I thought so Won't be picking one up until after Christmas I don't think. $ 1450 plus tax up here with a 20 inch light series bar.
Yah that’s just under 1100 in US dollars ... just at dealer this morn ... should be out Jan/Feb ish .... 1050 ... not sure about wrap-handle version

Yes we have them up here in Canada. My dealer just got one in. A little more $$ than I thought so Won't be picking one up until after Christmas I don't think. $ 1450 plus tax up here with a 20 inch light series bar.
Is that a standard carb version ? Or mtronic ?

Try Small power sales and services in Barhead Alberta CA.
They had the best prices for saws and parts in Western Canada if not all of Canada.
And Alberta only has the one tax. Maybe with an out of country purchase you don't have to pay it IDK. Ontario is 13% I believe. Maritime Provinces on the east coast could be good as the work is less and cost of giving is less

my dealer has 8 of the 462 cmr version.

Hard to justify the price when I have a 562xp that cuts 85% of what I need well, and could buy two 550xp's for the price of one 462, but that may not stop me during a weak moment :D

Kind of hoping he runs out real soon so I won't be tempted every time I drive by.

People looking for manually adjustable carburetors on these M-Tronic/Autotune saws remind me of people converting fuel injected motorcycles to carburetors circa 2005.
It literally makes zero sense: if you are so opposed to electronic-regulated fuel delivery just give a good home to an older saw such as an MS460. Your bank account will thank you as well.

People looking for manually adjustable carburetors on these M-Tronic/Autotune saws remind me of people converting fuel injected motorcycles to carburetors circa 2005.
It literally makes zero sense: if you are so opposed to electronic-regulated fuel delivery just give a good home to an older saw such as an MS460. Your bank account will thank you as well.
Who said anything about looking for a adjustable carb on a Mtronic saw? or changing one over. The adjustable carb model ms462 are available overseas. So is the ms261 adjustable carb model available in the states. Looking at the Stihl site I see a ms362 and a ms362 c-m listed.

Yah , if a guy wants to turn the screws and adj the carb himself why not ? Mtronic/Autotune are non-programmable (at least for 99% of peeps) canned hams ... A solenoid that adj the mixture is a far cry from fuel injection - though the new STIHL 500i is FI ...

Back