70 cc king

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70 cc king

• STIHL 440 series

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • STIHL 460 series

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Husqvarna 372 old

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Husqvarna 372 x torq

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Husqvarna 365sp

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • J-red 2171

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Dolmar 7900 series

Votes: 15 13.4%

• Total voters
Doesn't have to it's got te "Umph/grunt to get the job done at half or just over the modern "jobbie" revs
... example of a 241c ... gobs of torque and cutting at 12500 in da wood with a sharp chain ... no 42cc “torque” saw is going to outcut this running at 6250 rpm even if you grind the rakers off ! Out !

Was that dead wild cherry lol. There is no wood there to even slow the saw down.

Here's how I look at it. The fastest saws I've seen on this fine interweb have car motors on them and they will out cut the saws with bike motors on them...and the reason is torque that will hold the rpms.

I am by no way putting your saw down because it is definitely a runner so don't take me the wrong way.

Was that dead wild cherry lol. There is no wood there to even slow the saw down.

Here's how I look at it. The fastest saws I've seen on this fine interweb have car motors on them and they will out cut the saws with bike motors on them...and the reason is torque that will hold the rpms.

I am by no way putting your saw down because it is definitely a runner so don't take me the wrong way.
... Yah ...https://www.lainefamily.com/hp.htm

... example of a 241c ... gobs of torque and cutting at 12500 in da wood with a sharp chain ... no 42cc “torque” saw is going to outcut this running at 6250 rpm even if you grind the rakers off ! Out !

Frank are you touting the performance of that lightweight "wizzer"again :blob2: What do you use if you have to fall wood in the region of a metre/39.1/2"or more dia or are you into trunks 14/18 dia Can I ask are you falling/ to provide a living for just your family or does your cutting support more families ? Reason I ask is a 42cc ported saw+ace faller wouldn't keep up with our throughput for more than a couple of hours Monday morning That's why we have to use mechanical gizmo's that do most every thing except brew the tea/coffee But if you're happy & making it good on "yer"

If I’m running a 20-24” bar I like a 372. 28” bar the 7900 has it all over the rest in long bar torque. I like the 461 too and it’s real close to a 7900 in power, but the 7900 is smoother and more comfortable to me. Really depends on personal preference and what your using the saw for that decides what someone’s favorite is imho.

Frank are you touting the performance of that lightweight "wizzer"again :blob2: What do you use if you have to fall wood in the region of a metre/39.1/2"or more dia or are you into trunks 14/18 dia Can I ask are you falling/ to provide a living for just your family or does your cutting support more families ? Reason I ask is a 42cc ported saw+ace faller wouldn't keep up with our throughput for more than a couple of hours Monday morning That's why we have to use mechanical gizmo's that do most every thing except brew the tea/coffee But if you're happy & making it good on "yer"
Yah .... I use saw appropriate for the job ... from 241c up to 395xp or the 100cc 064 ... mostly ash trees that range from 14”-30” on the stump seldom larger ... EAB has decimated the local ash tree population and various townships are mandating that homeowners remove the trees at their expense - of course the homeowners are balking but now the towns are going to increase taxes to cover the expense - kinda forcing the homeowners hands ! ... lotta work ! We also turn the dead trees into firewood for the customer on the spot ... ie fell;buck;split into a pile ; rinse and repeat

Dang fast awesome saw right there for sure! Now throw a 4 footer on there and throw it up against a V8,,,
Yah ... I’m sure it will win on the way Down but who’s got the strength to make the up - cut with a v8 ???

Three new Cadets enter th Sergeants office for training.
The Serge points to a pic of a pertertrator in profile and asks the new talent what could they tell him about the perp in the picture

The first one speaks up and say...."he only has one ear"!

...continued
Lumberjack ya say ?

continued ....

The Serge says..no....he is just in profile

The second Cadet speaks up and says he only has one eye!
The Serge explains once again that the pertertrator is in profile.

The Serge was getting very frustrated with the annual picks then the third one speaks out and said ...."He is wearing contact lenses.

The Serge gets all exited.. and retorts
.."Yes...Yes....now how do you know this?
The Cadet replys ....."Well he can't wear glasses because he only has one ear.

Yah .... I use saw appropriate for the job ... from 241c up to 395xp or the 100cc 064 ... mostly ash trees that range from 14”-30” on the stump seldom larger ... EAB has decimated the local ash tree population and various townships are mandating that homeowners remove the trees at their expense - of course the homeowners are balking but now the towns are going to increase taxes to cover the expense - kinda forcing the homeowners hands ! ... lotta work ! We also turn the dead trees into firewood for the customer on the spot ... ie fell;buck;split into a pile ; rinse and repeat

I thought 064s were 84cc? Is there a model I'm missing? Or did you put a different p/c on it? Im probably completely ignorant of something

Back