MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they could make a a 241 with the new style clutch cover, aluminum handle bar, go back to the old screw in caps, make the controls with a auto return stop switch like a 5 series Husqvarna, give it throttle response like a 550xp and a few more rpm’s lol. Then your talking about a saw that’s absolutely perfect

Well they could make a a 241 with the new style clutch cover, aluminum handle bar, go back to the old screw in caps, make the controls with a auto return stop switch like a 5 series Husqvarna, give it throttle response like a 550xp and a few more rpm’s lol. Then your talking about a saw that’s absolutely perfect
Coulda shoulda wouda went to a party!

You could beat them down to 500.00 I think.
Tried to by buying multiples but the manager wouldn’t. I do pretty good business with them and many times he hasn’t charged me for service if he could not figure something out or the solution was obvious. Don’t want to hurt that relationship for $20 a saw.

Tried to by buying multiples but the manager wouldn’t. I do pretty good business with them and many times he hasn’t charged me for service if he could not figure something out or the solution was obvious. Don’t want to hurt that relationship for $20 a saw.
Just relaying what I learned .

241 and 026 are what goes with me most of the time. Most of my cutting is with the 241. The 026 is just in case I run out of gas. Mostly cutting ash,oak and locust. 241 doesn't miss a beat.
View attachment 717419

5UyRleY.jpg

We use them both up here

Here is a photo of the fast cutting 63PS chain that fits the 241C.

If you are having trouble with your dealer finding it....note the part #. It is a 'yellow' labeled chain for pro use. It is not of the low kickback type.

View attachment 719682
Del do you know what the difference is between the PS and PM chain? I run the PM.
20190302_121442.jpg

Del do you know what the difference is between the PS and PM chain? I run the PM.

Yes.

Note the rounded cutter edge on the PM Vs. the square edge on the PS.

Rounded would be better for dirty wood.

Square edged better for ultimate cutting speed.

It has been reported by members here that they are 'square filing' the PS. That would be faster still but not fond of dirty wood. I will be giving the square file a try as it is something I already do on 3/8 and .404 chain.

Latest posts

Back