Could not believe it !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl has been doing it for a long time.

Of course, back in the day, the police actually investigated crimes back then.

Thats not fair Harley. For law enforcement to investigate property theft, we need to have a serial number to enter into LEIN. Without a serial number, your chainsaw, handgun or any other item is just another item. The sad thing is most folks don't take the time to record serial numbers. When the item is stolen, its usually gone and rarely recovered. Ive gone as far as tracking down boxes, warranty cards and even the dealer looking for serial numbers.

Bottom line, record your serial numbers and give the cops a chance to recover your stuff.

Most Stihl dealers fill out the registration, and also will keep track of stolen saws in their database, they have for a long time. These days, the local cops rarely bother to check, they are too busy, and the crooks get off with a light wristslap anyway.

What was the date on the receipt?
Oh gosh i dont remember , i took it in to the local stihl dealer today which is called (mortons) in Fredericksburg to see what bar and chain they had for it , ended up with a 25 in bar and chain and extra chain for $88 bucks , told the guy how i acquired the saw , he looked up what he could and came to the conclusion this saw was built inbetween 92 and 95

Attachments

• 0924191054b.jpg
    0924191054b.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 0924191054a.jpg
    0924191054a.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Oh he came to that conclusion saying it was the bigger 12 mm piston , i did not know they had different pistons in the same saw modles

I would of run that bar on it till it either locked down or couldn't hold a chain any longer.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Yeah but i needed a bigger saw for some bigger wood and the 20 would not cut it even from both sides , i think the 25 will do with the extra 10 ins
I would of run that bar on it till it either locked down or couldn't hold a chain any longer.

Attachments

• 0720191412a_HDR.jpg
    0720191412a_HDR.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 16
You know a 25" is really a 24" right? Stihl calls them 25 everyone else calls it a 24. Even have the same number of drive links.

I don't know my chainsaw's serial numbers. I do my firearms, and somewhere in the filing cabinet is all the docs for my auto. But that is it. Lawn Tractor, Champion Log Splitter (that BTW sits out in the open), dirt bike (also sits out in the open), expensive tools, etc are all generic. Someone wants to steal them, Hahaha. The dog barks at squirrels from the window. Someone attempts to attach the log splitter to the back of their pickup gets a 5.56 in the brain and the gut.

Use a groin shot first

More to the point. When ordering or buying chains forget about the bar length. It is all about DriveLink count. Even bars of the same length can use different number of drive links.
Yep, like our Echo saw is a 20" 71DL bar not 72 like my stihls and huskies

Oh he came to that conclusion saying it was the bigger 12 mm piston , i did not know they had different pistons in the same saw modles
The pistons are the same physical size, its the wrist pin that changed from 10 mm in the early saws up to a 12 mm dia in the later saws. My collection includes 4 of the 10 mm and 5 of the 12 mm wrist pin models, best saw Stihl ever made.

The pistons are the same physical size, its the wrist pin that changed from 10 mm in the early saws up to a 12 mm dia in the later saws. My collection includes 4 of the 10 mm and 5 of the 12 mm wrist pin models, best saw Stihl ever made.
Would it be worth buying this duel port muffler cover for a tad bit more power ? Or can you suggest one ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190925-185541.png
    Screenshot_20190925-185541.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20190925-185536.png
    Screenshot_20190925-185536.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
They make just normal looking ones I think without the little pipe looking things. But yes more outlets will give you more power. Make sure you open up the H jet to give it more fuel when you install it. Don't want to burn that piston up.

Would it be worth buying this duel port muffler cover for a tad bit more power ? Or can you suggest one ?

In my opinion, no. Stihl sells a dual port muffler front cover but it makes a lot of noise, I personally detest them and do my own modifications to my own saws. I have given all the Stihl OEM dual ports away, it is very easy to just enlarge the stock exhaust hole to as big as the deflector will allow, this would be big enough for a stock unported saw. Since mine are all ported then a second outlet was wanted, I locate them on the left side, directly across from the stock outlet, two 3/4" dia holes are all these saws need, any more just makes more noise.

In my opinion, no. Stihl sells a dual port muffler front cover but it makes a lot of noise, I personally detest them and do my own modifications to my own saws. I have given all the Stihl OEM dual ports away, it is very easy to just enlarge the stock exhaust hole to as big as the deflector will allow, this would be big enough for a stock unported saw. Since mine are all ported then a second outlet was wanted, I locate them on the left side, directly across from the stock outlet, two 3/4" dia holes are all these saws need, any more just makes more noise.
Ok ty for the info , i will try to find a video of one being done , so i can have something to go off of , after its done , id imagine id have to retune the carb? Alittle more on the H screw?

Back