A pic of a well used chinese saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Does such a thing exist? Ive never saw one, all the pics of them ive seen of them they still look new....wonder why? Lol

Does such a thing exist? Ive never saw one, all the pics of them ive seen of them they still look new....wonder why? Lol

It's a simple answer to that, those who buy those don't use their saws that much - that's why they don't want to spend 5 times the cost to buy a real one.
My copy cat 038 magnum did what it should, milled a nice big beech wood tree with it (some of it in my avatar). Lotsa problems, nothing that couldn't be solved though.
I have a 7910 for doing that now, no problems what so ever and probably life time sustainability, but 4 times the cost.

The owners are too busy to take pictures.

First by driving to the Husky and Stihl dealerships to pick up genuine parts to make their clones work.
Then by posting YouTube videos of how big and bad their Chinese saw is "blowing Echo/Husqvarna/Shindaiwa/Stihl/whatever out of the water".
And finally by telling everybody on the Internet how many cords of firewood they cut without their saw "without it missing a beat".

;)

The owners are too busy to take pictures.

First by driving to the Husky and Stihl dealerships to pick up genuine parts to make their clones work.
Then by posting YouTube videos of how big and bad their Chinese saw is "blowing Echo/Husqvarna/Shindaiwa/Stihl/whatever out of the water".
And finally by telling everybody on the Internet how many cords of firewood they cut without their saw "without it missing a beat".

;)

Ha ha, so funny with maybe some truth....

Here is a photo of well used one, used about 30 minutes!
It's so powerful and efficient that's all I needed it so far.

Cheers

3.jpg

I can't see buying one, unless I was a very occasional user, and then again, I'd rather just rent. Stihl/Husky/Others are build strong and can go 10 to 15 years or longer, so the high cost spread out over the life of the machine is small, very small.

My 038M is ~1988, it stihl runs fine. And I got it free, from a logger in 1998. P/C stihl looks nice, had to replace AV rubber. Rest of rubber is OEM.

Had a 038super i sold a couple years ago and no she didnt like the 36" bar but i had to put it on there to get what she was worth when selling it.
IMG_20170818_204144.jpg

1983 038 with Farmertec tank, handlebar, chainbrake flag, clutch cover, does this qualify? Oh yeah, airbox cover and air filter too.

1983 038 with Farmertec tank, handlebar, chainbrake flag, clutch cover, does this qualify? Oh yeah, airbox cover and air filter too.

Why not use OEM? Plentiful, cheap, and better quality than Chi-Com

I've 3 038s, only one had a piece of Chinesiem on it. Needed a recoil ASAP, then got used OEM. I've got 3 parts saws now, and a box full of 038 spares.

At the time tanks were $100+ at the time for new o.e.m. The rest of the parts were only change, the coin kind.

Well stihl and husky just don’t compare to ol xu xian here, my favorite little geisha in all the bamboo forest...
Yup I found her for a steal and she’s bucked up plenty of firewood here, oh probably has about over 10000 seconds on her. Always held up, well except when I got her and the carb fell off but that was a 2 minute fix !even happens with stihl and husky! After the chain brake broke at about 5000 seconds she still functioned fine. At about 6000 seconds the case had a leak dumping bar oil into the crankcase... but well I’ve seen it happen on husky too!
You guys really aught to be more open minded, this is the proof, a well used piece of equipment right here
3B11CEB6-22E3-40BE-A0BE-53D4D1DA68C5.jpeg

My ported 38cc Earthquake and 62cc G621 clone have had lots of use and will get lots more. They certainly don’t look new anymore. They’re just saws, machines that cut wood.

Back