225 acre hardwood lot worth ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting to note the variances of weight, scale and measure between different log rules.
According to my copy of 'Log Rules and Other Useful Information', published Jan 1994 (third printing),by the North Eastern Loggers Association Inc.,:
1MBF of Fir Douglas green logs weigh 6950 lbs Int'l log rule, but 10,350 lbs on the Dolye.
1MBF of Fir Douglas green lumber weighs 4400 lbs
A cord of Douglas Fir green weighs 4200
Where'd all the wood go!
To be fair the above #'s were based on 12" wood and although softwooods are usually scaled using Int'l, the Doyle severely beats up on small dia. wood because its an exponential scale but evens out with the Int'l when log dia is around 24".

Hi Todd I have selectively logged Hard Wood on private land for decades with references to no end.I have cut all the species mentioned for Veneer and sawlogs with the by product for firewood.If the the stands contain figured woods such as birds eye and curly I have a market for that as well. My name is Danny George.Phone 902 533 3088

Come on now guys I don't want this to turn into a battle of Canada vs merica...your all gonna move here when trumps elected anyways lol JOKING

Here is a small picture where u can see very little of what the woods looks like
I don't know the land out east, but for bush that's never been logged, those trees don't look very big. Most of our prime sugar maples are 24" dbh.

Latest posts

Back