• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com


555 or 365

Matt19

Matt19

ArboristSite Lurker
Joined
Nov 18, 2019
Messages
25
Age
46
Location
Maine
I posted earlier that I had a jonsered 2149 and a stihl 210. Most recently I sold my 210 cause my wife agreed with herself that I only need 2 saws. She got me a gift certificate to the local husky shop. I was all set to get a 555 but my dad threw a monkey wrench in my saw plans and gave me his ms 260 pro. So should I get the 365 or stick to my original plan of the 555
 
Matt19

Matt19

ArboristSite Lurker
Joined
Nov 18, 2019
Messages
25
Age
46
Location
Maine
I agree with your wife. You have the saws you need right there on the bench.
Lol I agree but she got me
I agree with your wife. You have the. My dadsaws you need right there on the bench.
Yes agree but she got me the gift card and insisted I get one. She said oh well you'll have 3. But I think the line is pretty dark now. But I'm French so if one saw is good then three is way better. My dad gave me his after Christmas so it was already in the works
 

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Joined
Jan 17, 2016
Messages
2,585
Age
32
Location
Michigan
You have 2 nice 50cc saws.

I'd add the 365 to the lineup, unless you never see wood over 20", then the 555 makes more sense.
BUT 372!!!!!

I dont care if you cut 8” logs all day.... more CC’s = more fun. Put a 16” bar on that 372 with a 9 pin!!!

Can you guess what im going to do with my ported 3120


Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM
 
fishercat

fishercat

Addicted to ArboristSite
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
2,970
Age
41
Location
Maryville,Tennessee
BUT 372!!!!!

I dont care if you cut 8” logs all day.... more CC’s = more fun. Put a 16” bar on that 372 with a 9 pin!!!

Can you guess what im going to do with my ported 3120


Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM
I have a 371xp and honestly,I think my 550 xp is more fun.
 
Skeans

Skeans

Addicted to ArboristSite
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
2,610
Location
Rainier, Or
I’ve got both saws as well as the 260, one advantage to, the 555 in your case would be bar and chain compatible with your smaller Jred saw. Myself I prefer the 562 because of the larger mount bars as well as having a full wrap, the 372’s I haven’t cared for since the original one or the W version we skipped them and went straight to the 385/390’s.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Joined
Sep 28, 2017
Messages
3,098
Location
Mt Hood, Oregon
Fishercat, do you have the 550xp OE, or Mark 2?

I have the OE, and I Love it, AFTER , it Auto Tunes. The first time I start it, especially if I am at a significantly different elevation, than the last time I ran it, it takes longer than I like for It to tune itself. Once it is tuned it runs great, and is a real Joy to use


Doug :cheers:
 
LondonNeil

LondonNeil

Addicted to ArboristSite
Joined
Mar 21, 2016
Messages
1,799
Location
London
I have a 365. It's much more saw then I need 90% of the time..... And I bit more then I need for the other 10%! I do most of my cutting with just a little ms180 but once we get to the 12" and up woods I do grab the 365 and it is so much quicker it's great. However, it is a grey lump so I'm very glad to return to the little saw for most of my work.

I suggest if you are getting another saw, go for separation on what you have our decide now which of the current pair you are selling
 
Top