562xp vs 560 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logger 12345

husqvarna pilot
Reaction score
can some body tell me what the differnce is in these two saws,on the manual i have it states they have same
size engine and HP rating,it only states the 562 can take a larger bar,say 560 takes 24" and the 562 can take 28" but is this the
only differnce?? i can't see how it can take the larger bar having same displacment,i mean it's exact the same,sorry in advance if this has already been covered and i missed it,but it's a little confusing!

cheers!

560xp, small bar mount and smaller air filter / lower cover. Bit lighter. Not available in the USA.

562xp, large bar mount and larger air filter / high top cover. Bit heavier.

Where ya at SawTroll. I know your chompin' at the bit to get in here! Tell this man how inferior the US model (562) is to the Euro model (560).:laugh::laugh:

562xp

560xp, small bar mount and smaller air filter / lower cover. Bit lighter. Not available in the USA.

Don anything show up in your camp today ? just checking! Has started raining cats & dogs,hope it stops for sat. mini gtg. I see weather predicts big snow up north. -ddale

to be honest i can't seem to decide which one would be a better buy,surely the 562 would be better value as it can
pull a larger chain and bar,what is your opinions on this??

thanks!

A 60cc chainsaw with a 24" bar and chain will cut OK...but very slow...
(regardless of manufacturer...best to go to a 70cc)

A 60cc chainsaw with a 28" bar and chain is ridiculous...needs 70cc minimum..!!
JMHO..!!
:cheers:
J2F

JMHO..!!
J2F

You would be very surprised how well the 562saw pulls a 24in and a 28in

JMHO..!!
J2F

The 562xp I have pulls the 24" with absolute authority. With a 20" it almost rivaled my 2171 with the xpw top end. Yeah, the 562xp runs like a 70cc saw IMHO.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

The 562xp I have pulls the 24" with absolute authority. With a 20" it almost rivaled my 2171 with the xpw top end. Yeah, the 562xp runs like a 70cc saw IMHO.
That's great to hear as I've never run the 562..!!...:msp_thumbup:

My 'real' intent was to say a 28" bar and chain are waay too much.

A saw that runs 'like' it is a 70cc saw and an actual 70cc saw might be seen differently..!!
J2F

562 pulls a 20" just fine. I didn't run it with the 24" so I'm not sure how it does with it but I would think it's just fine. A 28" might be too much in hardwood on a daily basis. I'm sure it would work for an odd tree here and there that you need something bigger than a 20" or 24" that you would run on it all the time.

I have read that the case of the 562 is reinforsed in the bar mount area, and that the oiler has larger capasity as well, but I really don't know if it is true. :confused2:

Regardless of that, I am glad we have the 560xp here! :D

Imo, these saws are too light to feel right with a long bar (more than 20") anyway, but they surely have the power to do it. Not an issue to me though! :D

You would be very surprised how well the 562saw pulls a 24in and a 28in
Just out of curiosity..what kind of trees are prominent in Arizona...Pine..??
(this is a legitimate question as I really haven't a clue..sooo I guessing pine..??)
(I remember the very old "Ponderosa" TV show..!!)

Here in the South..I cutting mostly locust..hickory..and oak..

A 28" bar on a 60cc saw in my cutting would be 'off the page'...

In pine...I could do it..but I wouldn't..!! And our pine trees here are relatively small..!!
(and yeah..I'm bored right now..;)
J2F

That's great to hear as I've never run the 562..!!...:msp_thumbup:

My 'real' intent was to say a 28" bar and chain are waay too much.

A saw that runs 'like' it is a 70cc saw and an actual 70cc saw might be seen differently..!!
J2F

The 70cc saw will balance that bar better, regardless if a smaller saw can run it OK.

The 562 feels good with a 20" and not nose heavy so I don't think a 24" would make it real bad in that way. There seems to be less difference in weight between it and a 2171 than a 2153.

Imo, these saws are too light to feel right with a long bar (more than 20") anyway, but they surely have the power to do it. Not an issue to me though! :D

Yes Niko I agree. I feel thats what really makes it the perfect one saw plan. It has the power for bigger bars IF needed. :)

Don anything show up in your camp today ? just checking! Has started raining cats & dogs,hope it stops for sat. mini gtg. I see weather predicts big snow up north. -ddale
A 562xp did show up today. I made 24 cuts in large wood. All I can say right now is WOW!
I'll be out of town for a week and a half, will post a new tread when I'm back and can take some pics. :D
to be honest i can't seem to decide which one would be a better buy,surely the 562 would be better value as it can
pull a larger chain and bar,what is your opinions on this??

thanks!

I wanted the 560xp, for less weight and I do prefer the small bar mount. I also like the low filter top better. But we can't get the 560 here, so I went with the 562. How large a bar do your need? A 20" will do everything I need here and I have no desire to run any longer bar. :msp_smile:

If it weren't for the 20" Tech-Lite bar, I would have got the 555. The Tech-Lite is a lot lighter than a solid Husky bar, noticeably so.

The 562xp w/20"'Tech-Lite has to be one of the best handling saws I've picked up!

346xp having the best feel in the hand though. :msp_biggrin:

If it weren't for the 20" Tech-Lite bar, I would have got the 555. The Tech-Lite is a lot lighter than a solid Husky bar, noticeably so.

The 562xp w/20"'Tech-Lite has to be one of the best handling saws I've picked up!

346xp having the best feel in the hand though. :msp_biggrin:

Im sure you noticed how oh so smoooooth she was too........:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back