562xp vs 560 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had a 2 saw plan it would be a 562xp with a 20"TechLite and a Husqvarna 390XP. The 390xp for the really big stuff.

I have a 16" on my 560xpg, and that is likely what I will use the most on it! :msp_wink:

15" on my 372 on occassion, my 555 will live 90% of it life sporting in .325 a 16" bar and the other 10% an 18".

If the 560 was here my 372 and 576 would be sold off, if the 560/562 are all they are......the 555 is impressive.

can some body tell me what the differnce is in these two saws,on the manual i have it states they have same
size engine and HP rating,it only states the 562 can take a larger bar,say 560 takes 24" and the 562 can take 28" but is this the
only differnce?? i can't see how it can take the larger bar having same displacment,i mean it's exact the same,sorry in advance if this has already been covered and i missed it,but it's a little confusing!

cheers!

The reason for the 560 showing a 24" bar as the longest bar available is, Husqvarna does not have a 28" bar in the K095 mount. That is not saying you could not use a 28" bar, as they are available in the Oregon Power Match bar at 28". The Husqvarna bars are just rebadged Oregon Power Match bars, but they do not have their own 28" bar in the small mount. We don't worry about it here in the US, because the 560 is not available, (yet?).
I hope this clears up the confusion.
:cheers: Back to Ya!:cheers:

i am more than happy with my 365 and it pulls the 24" with authority,the 440 and 365 IMO is a great team for any
job,well now least for all the hardwoods and softwood i cut mostly they are anyway,if i had to cut harder woods like oak and others then i would have to rethink my bar sizes.

for now i am happy with my 365 and may not change at all to this new 560xp,i will see... hard to beat the 365right now and
what i want in a saw.

The reason for the 560 showing a 24" bar as the longest bar available is, Husqvarna does not have a 28" bar in the K095 mount. That is not saying you could not use a 28" bar, as they are available in the Oregon Power Match bar at 28". The Husqvarna bars are just rebadged Oregon Power Match bars, but they do not have their own 28" bar in the small mount. We don't worry about it here in the US, because the 560 is not available, (yet?).
I hope this clears up the confusion.
:cheers: Back to Ya!:cheers:

Husky makes many laminated bars at their own bar factory in Norway (including the Techlite bars), but they also sell a lot of rebranded Oregons, and some RSN GB bars (Pro-top).

It is interesting to read the various opinions re. bar length.
No doubt Husqvarna has rewritten the book regarding performance for engine cc's.
In my neck of the woods, Tasmania, Australia, bars 24"+ are generally considered to be in 85+cc territory, (usually the likes of 394/5's and 066/MS660's), with .404 chain being the weapon of choice for many, (I use 3/8 personally), due to the type of bark on our trees. You would be surprised how many 3120's and 088's wear a 24".
Watching Axe Men on television, Americans seem to use a lot of 70-75cc saws such as 372XP's as Pro logger saws with what seem to be 28"+ bars. The Europeans seem to regard 75cc as a BIG saw and are content with sub 20' hardware.
I can remember running a 355AF Oleo Mac with a 20" in our green hardwood and being unimpressed, (the nicest thing anyone ever did for my family was to steal the Oleo Mac - that introduced us to Husqvarna and we haven't looked back).
I currently run an Echo CS4200 w/16".325, a Husky 55 w/16"3/8, a Husky 268 w/20" 3/8, a Husky 394 w/ 24"3/8 and finally a Husky 3120 w/30 and 42"3/8. Before the 3120 arrived, the 394 wore the 42" as needed. I tried the 24" on the 268 and it felt a little under gunned, but not as bad as the 355AF with 20". I guess I am saying that bar length is directly proportional to wood type and that the new saws, Autotune and M tronic, have blurred the lines somewhat on cc's versus bar length.
By the way, I am about to pull the trigger on a 562XP w/20" and 16"3/8 and I predict that the '268 will be relegated to second fiddle and the Echo will sprout a 12-14" bar, as to the 55 Husky, well my dad likes it, so it will stay with a 16".
I definitely know that my 3120 is NOT pleasant to limb with and if the 562 lives up to the hype it will become my go to saw, combining power, (remember the 394/3120) and light weight.

Karl, are you going to use the 562xp strictly for limbing or is that what the echo is for? It's light weight for what it is, but I wouldn't buy it strictly as a limbing saw. I'd love to have a 346xp or 550xp for that purpose.

You have a nice arsenal btw, keep us posted on your purchase as well as your impressions.

No, definitely not just a limbing saw.
It is more of an all rounder. It will be called upon to cut firewood from 2" to 20" and fall in a similar range, although the 394 is my favourite falling saw.
The Echo is the odd one of the bunch, not getting a whole lot of use other than fencing, it will most likely be passed on to my Son when he is old enough to start and run it safely. I only came by it because my ex wife wanted a saw she could use and I got outbid on Ebay for a 345 Husky - (which the winning bidder didn't pay for and I could have ended up buying for less than the Echo :angry:).
Anyway, she's an ex and I got the saw. A pretty good deal I thought :msp_biggrin:
I cut a fair amount of firewood, both for myself and others as well as a bit of land clearing work.
I had my heart set on a 550XP, but then I got to thinking that the 562 would fit my needs better. I can put a 16" bar on a 562 and it will step into small saw territory or run it with the 20" or even the 24" off the 394 and it would effectively replace the 268 and the 55 all while running 3/8 chain, preferably semi chisel, which is the best all round for aussie hardwoods. There is nothing I can do to a 550 to make it take my existing bars or step up into 24" territory in our timber.
I'm a pretty sizeable bloke, so the weight trade off is worth it for the power gain and it will still be lighter than the 268.
If I could, I would get both a 550 and a 562, in fact I may one day.
It is my intent to source the saw out of America. I can get an American 562 landed in Australia for around $900. The list price here is $1499, if you can get a dealer to budge on price, you are a better man than me! Add on the Autotune software at around $150 if needed and I am still miles ahead The second saw is even better because I will already have the software! I should add that of the four dealers in Tasmania, none have a 562 in stock, around a 2+ week wait apparently, so I will most likely have my 562 before anyone purchasing at a Tassie dealer. All I have to add is the felt air cleaner, (around $10+freight from Baileys), the American spec nylon mesh air cleaner just doesn't cut it here.

No, definitely not just a limbing saw.
It is more of an all rounder. It will be called upon to cut firewood from 2" to 20" and fall in a similar range, although the 394 is my favourite falling saw.
The Echo is the odd one of the bunch, not getting a whole lot of use other than fencing, it will most likely be passed on to my Son when he is old enough to start and run it safely. I only came by it because my ex wife wanted a saw she could use and I got outbid on Ebay for a 345 Husky - (which the winning bidder didn't pay for and I could have ended up buying for less than the Echo :angry:).
Anyway, she's an ex and I got the saw. A pretty good deal I thought :msp_biggrin:
I cut a fair amount of firewood, both for myself and others as well as a bit of land clearing work.
I had my heart set on a 550XP, but then I got to thinking that the 562 would fit my needs better. I can put a 16" bar on a 562 and it will step into small saw territory or run it with the 20" or even the 24" off the 394 and it would effectively replace the 268 and the 55 all while running 3/8 chain, preferably semi chisel, which is the best all round for aussie hardwoods. There is nothing I can do to a 550 to make it take my existing bars or step up into 24" territory in our timber.
I'm a pretty sizeable bloke, so the weight trade off is worth it for the power gain and it will still be lighter than the 268.
If I could, I would get both a 550 and a 562, in fact I may one day.
It is my intent to source the saw out of America. I can get an American 562 landed in Australia for around $900. The list price here is $1499, if you can get a dealer to budge on price, you are a better man than me! Add on the Autotune software at around $150 if needed and I am still miles ahead The second saw is even better because I will already have the software! I should add that of the four dealers in Tasmania, none have a 562 in stock, around a 2+ week wait apparently, so I will most likely have my 562 before anyone purchasing at a Tassie dealer. All I have to add is the felt air cleaner, (around $10+freight from Baileys), the American spec nylon mesh air cleaner just doesn't cut it here.

Karl,
if you are like me the saw I drop the tree with is the saw I limb with. Right now my modded 372 is my go to saw. The only time I switch saws is when they run out of fuel. I will know shortly if the 562 will replace or back up the 372. My 390 gets used for cutting grade so not much limbing unless I am doing a tree removal. As far as running longer bars on smaller saws the max I run on my 372 is a 24" it was marginal stock, modded it does decent with the 24" but anything longer the 390 gets used. I do not get into very big timber so as a guess the 562 will work as a felling saw. CJ

Yep, you got me worked out.
I have limbed with everything from the Echo to the 3120. We tend to "run what we brung". I love the 394 as it does all I ask of it and more. Currently it is down, awaiting a set of rings and crank seals, so the 3120 is seeing more use, although as I have said, it is not a pleasant saw to limb with. Still brings a massive smile to my face though.
The 268 is and has been a top saw although I wish we had bought the XP version which was another $400 way back in '88 so we didn't. $1100 versus $1500 for the two saws which were both saws that were repossessed by our dealer back then for non payment. I really miss that dealer, he was one of life's true gentlemen, he died two years ago, I'd known him since I was born nearly. Gave me my first job in fact. No doubt he is sawing upstairs somewhere.
I have great expectations of the 562. The fact is that I could buy any new saw that I wanted, Husky, Stihl, Dolmar, Echo, Efco or Makita but I have not found the justification to look further than Husky. I have used Stihl 084, MS310 and MS390 saws and I have not been overly impressed, admittedly the 310 and 390 are at best land owner saws rather than commercial,many swear by them though.
I have never failed to get a load of wood with the Husky saws and they run sweetly. I love the 394 because it was my first truly pro saw and it fair grunts, never missing a beat. Only after 16 years hard labour does it need a set of rings and seals.
I will always love the raw power of the 3120 and 394, but suspect that the the 562 may just be the perfect all rounder, able to be thrown around like the little Echo, yet still pull a 20" bar in dry hardwood with ease. I'll let you know when it arrives from Southside Sales in Massachusetts, $940 AUD delivered with a 20" bar and chain. All I need to do now is order the air cleaner and outside dogs from Baileys and I'll be set, come to think of it, I reckon I'll get the Autotune software as well because the local Husky dealer reserves the right to refuse to service import saws.

I never could come to grips with the Stihls they just did not fit me, slower with alot of torque dependable as a stone but just did not feel right. I sold my 395 because of the weight all day. I can only imagine how you feel after a day of limbing with that monster. CJ

Karl, I bought my 550xp from Southside Sales, they are great to deal with. I too am looking at buying a 562, keep us updated on how you like it.

Southside got my vote largely because another Ebay seller, (who would have been $10-20 cheaper overall), didn't and still hasn't responded to my questions.
If they won't talk when they want my money, what will they be like if there is a problem?
I will certainly give my impressions of the saw once I start using it.

Latest posts

Back