562xp vs 560 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of curiosity..what kind of trees are prominent in Arizona...Pine..??
(this is a legitimate question as I really haven't a clue..sooo I guessing pine..??)
(I remember the very old "Ponderosa" TV show..!!)

Here in the South..I cutting mostly locust..hickory..and oak..

A 28" bar on a 60cc saw in my cutting would be 'off the page'...

In pine...I could do it..but I wouldn't..!! And our pine trees here are relatively small..!!
(and yeah..I'm bored right now..;)
:cheers:
J2F

All I cut is white and black oak up to 36in and some juniper up to 60in

The 562xp I have pulls the 24" with absolute authority. With a 20" it almost rivaled my 2171 with the xpw top end. Yeah, the 562xp runs like a 70cc saw IMHO.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
Preach it brother MAC ! :msp_smile:
The only way folks will know this is to put their grubby mitts on one .
Folks , it ain't bragging if You can back it up .... the 562 xp can back it up . It seems right up there with My 372 xp as far as power . It seems easier to handle as far as weight .
To those that don't accept it ... fine , Your loss .;)

562xp

A 562xp did show up today. I made 24 cuts in large wood. All I can say right now is WOW!
I'll be out of town for a week and a half, will post a new tread when I'm back and can take some pics. :D

I wanted the 560xp, for less weight and I do prefer the small bar mount. I also like the low filter top better. But we can't get the 560 here, so I went with the 562. How large a bar do your need? A 20" will do everything I need here and I have no desire to run any longer bar. :msp_smile:
Good for you -Don- a great saw to have ! I also like shorter bars , the balance is better. I put 16'' bar first day ,have'nt changed it yet.
Also most of my bars are large mount. The ash I cut have been 12'' to18'' [firewood], the oak [for lumber ] have been 20'' to 24''. I just don't see need to drag a monster bar in woods. for this size wood. If I might suggest try a short bar. Sharpen short chains.[ jmo ]-ddale

I have read that the case of the 562 is reinforsed in the bar mount area, and that the oiler has larger capasity as well, but I really don't know if it is true. :confused2:

Regardless of that, I am glad we have the 560xp here! :D

The 562 has a different worm wheel to drive the oiler with a different ratio, oiler is the same. The reinforcing in the bar mount are is the hair of additional material to support the bar, no different that the bar mount of a 372 vs a 346, 1mm larger bar studs and a larger support area for the large tail bar...............should I ever get my 562 I will measure away.

well i seem to be getting a lot of confidence from some of the comments above,but i also am sort of partially agreeing with the saw been ridicolous with a 28" bar on it.... i would be aiming now for the 560xp with 24" B/C that's me sorted then.

BUT, of course if these are the recomendations from husqvarna them selves who are we to disagree!

watch this space soon :msp_biggrin:

Preach it brother MAC ! :msp_smile:
The only way folks will know this is to put their grubby mitts on one .
Folks , it ain't bragging if You can back it up .... the 562 xp can back it up . It seems right up there with My 372 xp as far as power . It seems easier to handle as far as weight .
To those that don't accept it ... fine , Your loss .;)

It is not just a matter of the saw being able to do it, it is more a matter of what you need, and what the saw feels right with.
Also, it may be a factor regading how long the saw will last, if you always run maximum length bars on a saw. Now and then is OK, but not as the main bar. :msp_wink:

well i seem to be getting a lot of confidence from some of the comments above,but i also am sort of partially agreeing with the saw been ridicolous with a 28" bar on it.... i would be aiming now for the 560xp with 24" B/C that's me sorted then.

BUT, of course if these are the recomendations from husqvarna them selves who are we to disagree!

By all means don't use a 24" bar as your main one - now and then should be OK though.:msp_wink:

The handling of the saw will suffer badly, and it likely will shorten the life of the saw, even though it works just fine.

It is not just a matter of the saw being able to do it, it is more a matter of what you need, and what the saw feels right with.
Also, it may be a factor regading how long the saw will last, if you always run maximum length bars on a saw. Now and then is OK, but not as the main bar. :msp_wink:

I must say mine feels perfect with the 20" Techlite bar.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

True a 28in bar would be kinda retarded handeling wise but I think it was Meweba has a vid of one pulling a 28 through almost as big of wood and it is very impressive. I flip flop between 20 and 24 in bar and I would say it pulls the 24 as good as the 20. But a little nose heavy with the 24. I leave the 28 and 32 inch bars for my 385xp.

True a 28in bar would be kinda retarded handeling wise but I think it was Meweba has a vid of one pulling a 28 through almost as big of wood and it is very impressive. I flip flop between 20 and 24 in bar and I would say it pulls the 24 as good as the 20. But a little nose heavy with the 24. I leave the 28 and 32 inch bars for my 385xp.

The 562xp IMO will pull a 24" as easily as it will a 20" A 20" IMO just feels better handling wise. Thats all. It would be hard to imagine this saw ported......:msp_w00t:

If it weren't for the 20" Tech-Lite bar, I would have got the 555. The Tech-Lite is a lot lighter than a solid Husky bar, noticeably so.

The 562xp w/20"'Tech-Lite has to be one of the best handling saws I've picked up!

346xp having the best feel in the hand though. :msp_biggrin:

Heading out torun the 562XP with 20" Techlite and I think it's about a perfect for the wood I cut. Great balance, very fast and responsive!

By all means don't use a 24" bar as your main one - now and then should be OK though.:msp_wink:

The handling of the saw will suffer badly, and it likely will shorten the life of the saw, even though it works just fine.

are you serious? :(

the 24" B/C would need to stay on the saw full time with me as it's mostly large trees i will be felling.

should i just keep my 365 and forget the xp560, i can't have them both unfortunatly.one needs to go.

maybe the 365special is a better saw for 24" wood

but husqvarna state the 24" is no problem....

Logger a 24 will be just fine IMO just a little nose heavy. Get the lightest 24in bar you can find and it should be a great saw. But one thing you have to consider these saws are brand new and unproven so everbodys opinion is pure speculation on how these saws will perform in the long run. With that being said I love mine and it runs awesome I only put it down to refuel and when I get to stuff over 24in

baffhunter,

thanks and thanks to all for the feedback,this forum is a great resource in that sense that before we make a purchase on a new
chainsaw there are plenty here that probably have the saw already and who can comment on it!

i feel now after what i have heard and my own instincts based on reviews and manuals that i have come to the
conclusion that the 360xp would be a very good investment. only as you say also in time we will learn of it's durability.

only thing that turns me off of a new chainsaw and new design is this,i know my 365special inside out and could do
any jobs big or small on it myself at a moments notice,BUT...these new saws are getting more and more complex
such as stuff like autotune and xtorq,they will only be more difficult for the normal DIY man to work on.

cheers!

Last edited:
Get the 560/562 , run a 16" , get a 372 top end for your 365 and run your 20" or 24" .

Guaranteed that you'll be smiling when your cutting , cut more wood in less time to sell more wood to pay for the tools over a shorter amount of time .
The 440 will stay in the truck .

I hope this helps ...........:hmm3grin2orange:

Get the 560/562 , run a 16" , get a 372 top end for your 365 and run your 20" or 24" .

Guaranteed that you'll be smiling when your cutting , cut more wood in less time to sell more wood to pay for the tools over a shorter amount of time .

I would be scared to put a 16in bar on my 562 no tellin what it would do if you pissed it off that much:msp_scared:

I actually prefere a 16" on 60cc saws, but sometimes use an 18" for felling! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back