8 pin on an Echo 590

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You shouldn't have to play with the tune with just a sprocket swap. I need to get a 8 pin and try it out here. Maybe try keeping the same pressure on the saw in the cut with both sprockets? Idk

7 definitely held RPM better but to me it sounds fat. Not 4 stroking in the cut fat but slightly fat. Could be the video sound I'm hearing also.

7 definitely held RPM better but to me it sounds fat. Not 4 stroking in the cut fat but slightly fat. Could be the video sound I'm hearing also.
My hearing sucks but in the vid I can hear it better and you seem to be right, have room to lean it a hair. May try again tomorrow. Nope, tomorrow is the boss’s Bday. Maybe Sunday after church.

May or may not help but I don't think it'll hurt. These types threads are the ones I like best. I appreciate all you guys that take the time to test different stuff.

Mine has been modified from a spur drive to a rim drive. I just ordered a standard Oregon 8 pin rim. Doubt if I can find the number now.

I can't speak for anyone else but to me it sounds like you could be lean it out a fuzz. Do a cut, shut it off immediately and pull the plug. See what color it is. Also you need an unlimited coil and different carb. You'll like the difference those two make

Sounds plenty rich, then a touch. Do You happen to have a tach?

Iirc that saw held a good 4 stroke work tune to 14k+

Could give it 1/8 turn in and probably be plenty safe. It was 4 stroking hard right out of the cut.

I can't speak for anyone else but to me it sounds like you could be lean it out a fuzz. Do a cut, shut it off immediately and pull the plug. See what color it is. Also you need an unlimited coil and different carb. You'll like the difference those two make

It is the unlimited coil, and modded big carb.

Sounds plenty rich, then a touch. Do You happen to have a tach?

Iirc that saw held a good 4 stroke work tune to 14k+

Could give it 1/8 turn in and probably be plenty safe. It was 4 stroking hard right out of the cut.
Thanks. Didn’t know it had unlimited coil, I use a tach because 40 years in a factory and unlimited shooting have destroyed my hearing. I was setting it at 200 rpm below factory max, now I know I can go 13,700-13,800. New video next week.

13,500-13-800 and do another video. Should be real close to the sweet spot if I remember correctly.

If you are very, very familiar with your tool you can feel the tune as much as hear it. Your saw is vibrating heavily out of the cut and smooths out (barely) in the cut.
Strike 2!!! I have hand tremors from a stroke, some days I can’t even tune a carb because of the tremors. Yep, getting old ain’t for sissies.

Back