8 pin on an Echo 590

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the 7 pin I just let it do it’s thing. On the 8 pin I could hear/feel it slowing so I started pushing on it. I’m no expert but the 7 pin just felt/sounded better. In all honesty maybe the 8 pin would have been better if I had played with the tune for it but I left the same as the 7 pin settings.
I'd say if you let the 8 "do its thing" as you did the 7 then it would have been faster. Of course this test is in small wood and testing in larger wood may yield differing results.
With the identical bar, and chain set up the same, the saw cutting with a higher average chain speed will win unless the one with the higher chain speed is bouncing on the wood.
The saw is quite a bit fat to me, it has a lot more in it. That being said, leaner doesn't always make them run faster in the wood. My 440 will 4-stroke at 14.5, but it gets better fuel economy(more cuts per tank netting a better cut time average :)) tuned lower, and the difference in speed in hardwood is negligible even when tuned to 13.5. Another advantage is I'm not constantly tuning it to the edge which takes even more time.
:muscle:You look damn good considering
That's his stunt double:laughing:.

Back