amsoil at 42:1 or Belray 32:1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure all these top of the line oils being suggested are great, but damn, I could buy an Earthquake shipped, for the price of what 2 liters of these oils cost !! :D

Depends on the oil, the Husky "Low Smoke" stuff at 40:1 is barely noticeable. The belray at 32:1 is very noticeable. That being said, I am not sure if any of my saws are stratos. I think the 385 and 394 are not, but the cute little 445 might be. Nevermind

...Is the US market so large that they engineer everything to met regs here and just sell the same stuff the world over, or do they feel that 50:1 is the way to go with synthetic oil?...
Good question. I suspect that the service life of stock or modded saws can be extended by providing more lubrication, though.

Good question. I suspect that the service life of stock or modded saws can be extended by providing more lubrication, though.
For a saw with bumped compression I totally agree. I honestly don't know about stock. Not much harm in 40:1 anyway. I run the mastermind mix in all of mine just because my OCD won't tolerate different mixes laying around

And here I was all warm and fuzzy thinking I have a ported 346 - a good 50:1 mix going - what I thought was a quality oil, and confidence I was doing it right. Now my world has come crashing down around me and I have found out I am doing everything wrong, and possibly causing harm to my beloved ,Masterminded 346. I have been humbled !!:buttkick:

Milling with belray is what got me. Klotz and maxima k2 don't bother my sinuses. I've been burning a tank every cut on the longer ripping cuts.

Întrucât nu există o echipă vastă de cercetători în spatele meu și nu am 101 motoare de distrus pentru teste, trebuie să cred ce recomandă producătorul, adică un raport de 2% (de exemplu). Producătorul are tot interesul să vândă, așa că este interesat să recomande un procent cât mai mare, 3%, 4%...

Întrucât nu există o echipă vastă de cercetători în spatele meu și nu am 101 motoare de distrus pentru teste, trebuie să cred ce recomandă producătorul, adică un raport de 2% (de exemplu). Producătorul are tot interesul să vândă, așa că este interesat să recomande un procent cât mai mare, 3%, 4%...
Nah, mai putin ulei = mai multa uzura, rulmentilor nu le pasa ce licoare/brand special de ulei folosesti, ei vor volum de ulei, nu calitate. Stihl de ex recomanda in USA, Canada si EU 50:1 sa treaca testele de emisii pt ca asta le sufla in ceafa mai marii guvernanti. In Asia, Africa si America de Sud, pt aceleasi produse, recomanda amestecuri de 40:1 pana la 25:1. Dc? Pt ca acolo pot recomanda rapoate pt speranta maxima de viata a motorului. De ex in australia Stihl recomanda 25:1 daca nu folosesti ulei brand Stihl. Crezi ca zic asta ca sa le faca bani din vanzare ulei la alti producatori?

LegeaDejului - In the field of oils, Stihl is equivocal...
If there is too much oil in the mixture, deposits form. Those deposits come off in pieces and when a piece is between the cylinder and the piston ... another engine set?
When there is too little oil in the mixture, the piston is still scratched, but from overheating.

LegeaDejului - In the field of oils, Stihl is equivocal...
If there is too much oil in the mixture, deposits form. Those deposits come off in pieces and when a piece is between the cylinder and the piston ... another engine set?
When there is too little oil in the mixture, the piston is still scratched, but from overheating.
Deposits only form when stale gas is used or a cheap oil, especially mineral oils. I ran a 461 for about 200 tanks of gas at 8:1 mix ratio on motul 800 off road just because its an old saw and it was a fun experiment. The exhaust was spitting out lots oil oil, but the sparkplug and piston/cylinder were spotless and perfectly clean. No deposits at the end of it all. Synthetic 2 stroke oils burn really cleanly and deposits forming if going too heavy on modern oils is an old days myth

Getting hard to get out here. Amazon use to sell it really cheap but have stopped, all other suppliers, apart from the importer, have stock from 2017 and thus out of date. I use this and the Activ 2t by castrol interchangeably.
IMG_1978.jpeg

Latest posts

Back