Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Non ethanol gas definitely makes a difference.
I too run an Echo SRM225 and have for a decade. Never had issues till I ran regular 89 octane mix in it one summer. Gummed up the carb over the winter. Went back to e-free and back to no issues.
Ethanol is a 2 stroke killer.
Absolutely more damage done to saws & trimmers & blowers from ethanol laced fuel then poor oil usage . Combine ethanol fuel & improper oil selection or ratio is just a disaster waiting to happen !

Does it happen to smell like maxima 927? I found that just smelt like a deep fat frier and gave me an awful headache and was really dirty burning, but I’ve not tried Klotz.

I never use to be susceptible to smells, but it seems to be getting worse the older I get.

The only 2 oils I have tried that don’t give me a headache are motomix (alkylate with stihl ultra) and Amsoil Saber. I also use castrol activ 2t. So long as I’m not down wind of it when it’s warming up for a minute or two then I don’t get a headache. Once hot, that oil has almost no smell, which is great.

Does it happen to smell like maxima 927? I found that just smelt like a deep fat frier and gave me an awful headache and was really dirty burning, but I’ve not tried Klotz.

I never use to be susceptible to smells, but it seems to be getting worse the older I get.

The only 2 oils I have tried that don’t give me a headache are motomix (alkylate with stihl ultra) and Amsoil Saber. I also use castrol activ 2t. So long as I’m not down wind of it when it’s warming up for a minute or two then I don’t get a headache. Once hot, that oil has almost no smell, which is great.
Generally no, but also make sure you pick a type that does not contain Castor Oil since that is probably what you don't like about the 927. They have synthetic oils and synthetic / castor blends.

Latest posts

Back