Anybody try to build a super splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hear ya on all those points but the flywheels are free (i run a cnc plasma/oxy table) as for the belt i plan to run a pulley at the end of the shaft that way i can change the size of pulleys to change the speed until i find the right speed running speed. actually so far i have nothing for money into collecting the parts rack,pinion,2 bearings, flywheels, free! i will be ordering a keyed shaft from mcmaster carr.

but i dont like the idea of the 21'' flywheels because of height and bullk and i will look to see if i could do 4 15'' discs stacked in keyed etc. just a thought...

i hear ya on all those points but the flywheels are free (i run a cnc plasma/oxy table) as for the belt i plan to run a pulley at the end of the shaft that way i can change the size of pulleys to change the speed until i find the right speed running speed. actually so far i have nothing for money into collecting the parts rack,pinion,2 bearings, flywheels, free! i will be ordering a keyed shaft from mcmaster carr.

what kind of material would you recommend for the shaft

im unsure what material the shaft is but i ordered a 18'' long fully keyed 1-7/16'' shaft non hardened, it might fail but my thought and plan is that i cram the pillow block bearings and sprocket/hub and flywheels as close together to center to fight the possibility of bending the shaft. make sense? i had my flywheels turned and balanced by a friend , i am now running 4 14.5''x 1'' flywheels they look friggen awesome how do i post pictures on here?

Latest posts

Back