Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after 3 months i got my 034-036 super-pro saw done this morning :clap:
got my 021 carb tuned in wood also
and installed my new 20in stihl bar i got for xmass on my 036 pro
now to cut and split the 10 cord of ceder this week :dizzy:

It wasn't even black from the factory. Was a dark maroon called lava red. Too many looked the same in that color at a local bike night. So I made sure it didn't look like anybody else's bike. Best $ 17,000 I ever spent. If that bike could talk !!!!!
Sometimes, it is best that they don't. ;)

Nice Scooter

Currently im without a bench to have anything on. My current side burner project is building a new workbench, got tired of my old one and decided to build a roll around model this time around. In the design stage at the moment but it may get done by next weekend depending on how busy my wood sales are next week haven't been able to get much done been selling firewood faster that i cant get it out.

On the bench are two 365's. One is a parts saw and the other one the recipient of parts off the parts saw. The keeper saw has a busted tank.
Now while I have the pro's on board, how does one change the throttle cable without pulling out what little hair I have left!
I did a search but came up empty handed.
Thx
John
Come on John, 'member when that widow maker split yer head open and the docs sewed ya back together? I heard, from a reliable source, that they tucked yer hair inside yer head before they closed ya up. That would fully explain why yer mind seems kinda fuzzy sometimes.

image.jpg
Come on John, 'member when that widow maker split yer head open and the docs sewed ya back together? I heard, from a reliable source, that they tucked yer hair inside yer head before they closed ya up. That would fully explain why yer mind seems kinda fuzzy sometimes.
That's the best diagnosis I've heard yet!
Should I get a check up from the neck up?

surprisingly, this is one of the few times that my bench is clean. i actually just cleaned up yesterday after a ground a few lethal chains :D all my projects are awaiting parts at the moment.

A MS 250 that I sold a guy 1 year ago. He claims it never ran right but I have the emails proving that it was " awesome " now it needs a P/C . Gents how do you deal with a guy that out and out lies to you? ME thinks I will just tell him the bad news and hand him back HIS blown up saw.

A MS 250 that I sold a guy 1 year ago. He claims it never ran right but I have the emails proving that it was " awesome " now it needs a P/C . Gents how do you deal with a guy that out and out lies to you? ME thinks I will just tell him the bad news and hand him back HIS blown up saw.
Sounds like a Fitting way to handle it, Was it straight gassed or was his mix off? you can easily show him the evidence. You could also make the lieing to you part a little more fun, and hand him a box of parts ;) Nothing i hate more than a bold face liar trying to get something for free with his lies.

Here I thought it was a piece of the ugly tree he fell out of. :p

J/k! Wouldn't wish that thing falling on too many people (but I do have a small list :D ).
It took me a double take before i figured out what it was, i thought it was a very short, ugly tree as well. Count yourself mighty lucky to have survived that and not be another statistic to the namesake. Somebody was watching over your shoulder that day.

If I built or sold the saw, I will diagnose for free, but after a year I would patiently and calmly tell him what is wrong and what it will cost to fix it. If you can contact him through e-mail so there is a paper trail, let him know he just needs to authorize the repairs and you will let him know when it is ready. Small saw like that I would give him the option of aftermarket as you can get a complete crankcase and top end for like $50 or less that will last well. He bought a used saw, he won't want oem parts and when he picks it up let him know what he needs to do to avoid ruining the rebuilt saw.
He can always say no and and if he never picks it up just resell it, and who knows he may appreciate you treating him like an adult and telling him the truth and one day refer more customers.
DDave

If I built or sold the saw, I will diagnose for free, but after a year I would patiently and calmly tell him what is wrong and what it will cost to fix it. If you can contact him through e-mail so there is a paper trail, let him know he just needs to authorize the repairs and you will let him know when it is ready. Small saw like that I would give him the option of aftermarket as you can get a complete crankcase and top end for like $50 or less that will last well. He bought a used saw, he won't want oem parts and when he picks it up let him know what he needs to do to avoid ruining the rebuilt saw.
He can always say no and and if he never picks it up just resell it, and who knows he may appreciate you treating him like an adult and telling him the truth and one day refer more customers.
DDave
That is great advice and a great way to do business hats of to you. If all customer service was handled in such a manner there would be far less horror stories on the interwebs about people supposedly getting screwed even though many times its their own fault. And i have to place my guess on you signature picture the 0881 is my guess for completely aftermarket it just looks wierd to me for some reason, but the middle 044 Starter handle and starter cover look new , never seen that style chainbrake lever on a saw before, though im no expert. Ill definitely say the 0881 though

Back